Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using Headphones/Speakers with laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DarylGSHome userMember since 2019
Hello All
I'm completely new to digital mixing. When I was mixing (probably before a ot of people reading this were even born) it was on vinyl with Technics turntables. So here is my dilemma: I've been asked to DJ a gathering of people (who all know I am no longer a professional DJ). I've downloaded the VDJ software and have pretty much figured it out (but if there is a manual out there somewhere, I appreciate a link to it). My problem is that if I'm using a laptop for mixing, how do I use headphones to hear the cut that I'm trying to mix in? For certain, my laptop headphone jack is going to have speakers of some kind plugged into it. And even if I were to be able to use headphones and speakers simultaneously, how would I hear only ONE of the channels and not BOTH through the headphones? I do understand there are consoles that will handle this, but I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars buying a console for a one-time job. I thought perhaps a PC with two soundcards might work? But even if that was an option, I wouldn't be real happy having to carry a PC, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. to this event. Any recommendations and assistance would be greatly appreciated!
THANKS!!

Posted Sun 16 Jun 19 @ 3:35 pm
The manual is available here, via the wiki page (Support link at the top). It used to be provided as part of the VDJ download. I don't know why they stopped.

The wiki also contains answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) like headphone cueing.

Posted Sun 16 Jun 19 @ 3:39 pm
DarylGSHome userMember since 2019
OUTSTANDING! Found the answers I needed in that area. Thanks!!!

Posted Sun 16 Jun 19 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)