Forum: Wishes and new features

Features you would like to see in VirtualDJ
Topic: DVS Anti Drift Feature similar to Serato.
I am pretty impressed overall with DVS on Virtual DJ. However its pretty frustrating the BPM jumping all over the place after moving the pitch slider when trying to mix. Can definitely hear it when a track is playing. Using Technics 1200 Mk2s along with a Pioneer DJM-S9. I am not sure if this has been brought up before. But I don't have issues with BPM jumping all over the place with Serato or even Rekordbox DJ using DVS. So would I would like to see some improvement in that area by possibly adding a anti drift feature. Or if its something that can be addressed. Been using Virtual DJ for only a year but with my Pioneer DDJ-SX as of late.

Posted Fri 14 Jun 19 @ 11:27 pm
I have the same issue. It's pretty clear to me that VDJ has placed their eggs in the controller market basket. Can't blame necessarily, but it would certainly be nice to have sustained support for DVS users.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 12:39 pm
Love how they don't even chime in.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 1:24 pm
Perhaps if you gave them some information to go on, rather than just saying "same issue"...

What kit are you using? Technics 1200 Mk2s and DJM-S9 (as you said "same issue")? Something different? If so, what?

What time code vinyl are you using? Have you tried any others?

Mac? PC? What OS? 32 bit or 64 bit VDJ? Which build? Have you tried other builds? How long have you had the issue?

As you said "same issue" does that mean you also tried Serato and Rekordbox?

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 1:37 pm
Circuit XL / Mister Northside wrote :
I have tested it on the exact same setup specified (Technics 1200 Mk2s and DJM-S9). Also the below - multiple configs. I used the internal sound cards for the pioneer mixers and also tested it on the External Denon DJ DS1 DVS Card.

Tables tested:
Technics 1200 Mk2s
Numark TTX
RP-8000 mk1s

Mixers tested:
DJM900nxs2
DJM-S9
Numark DXM09

Windows 64 bit.

Using the current build. Past versions for about a year.

I have both Serato, Traktor, and Rekordbox. I do not have the same issue with them.

Additionally, I've tried:

-Power Conditioner to remove signal noise.
-Multiple cartridges/needles (ortofon;stanton;shure)
-Serato DVS Vinyl and Numark Virtual Vinyl
-DVS settings - nothing seems to change this

Let me know if you need anything else. I'd be happy to provide.

Posted Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 2:24 am