Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Reloop RP8000 and XDJ-RX work ok together?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, hope this is not a silly question....
I've decided to buy a couple of Reloop decks to compliment my XDJ-RX and breathe some life back into my substantial vinyl collection, and was wondering if there are any known issues with using this hardware together before I buy.
I also intend to use them as DVS but not sure if they can be used seamlessly between analogue and timecode, or is a different setup required...
Your input is very welcome!
Cheers, Rob

Posted Fri 17 May 19 @ 10:11 pm
After a little experimentation it would appear that to use the XDJ-RX for DVS is problematic! I am very rusty it seems lol
I have had some success using a Maya44USB+ for timecode duties, in tandem with the XDJ-RX ASIO but its giving me headaches...

For anyone considering a DVS system, make sure you get a controller capable of providing the inputs. I know you can use an analogue mixer but then you lose a lot of digital fun stuff too.

To recap:
The XDJ-RX can play analogue vinyl through decks attached to phono inputs
It cannot play as a DVS without using a separate soundcard
I would strongly recommend getting a 4 channel controller capable of DVS out of the box!!

I am already in love with my new Reloop RP-8000MK2 decks, even though I can't get the midi side of them functional yet...
....suppose I will have to bite the bullet and get a DDJ-1000! :-/

Posted Fri 24 May 19 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)