Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Possible to assign 4-deck crossfader settings as 'thru' without controller attached?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GeggsPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Something I like to do is run an acapella on deck three over the top of deck one, and then smoothly crossfade into deck two whilst keeping track three running, so the main track changes, but the acapella stays running over the top. When I'm using a controller, that's not a problem - I can just assign track three to 'thru' on the A/B crossfader settings, so I can fade between decks one and two with deck three unaffected by crossfader position.

When I'm prepping and trying new things out with music, I don't always have my controller attached - it's just easier to just use the laptop and try bits and pieces out sometimes. Is there a way to emulate the above when I don't have a controller plugged in? If I set deck 3 to crossfader position A, I can't see a way to also set it to crossfader B (as clicking the '3' icon on that side disables it from the A side).

I know I could just run the acapella on both tracks 3 & 4, but it would be easier if I could just route a single deck to 'thru' like on a DJM.

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 11:50 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
my point is to skip the crossfader and use your channelfaders, problem solved ;)

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 11:54 am
Difficult to do that with just the laptop though - I can't use both channel faders at once to emulate a crossfade.

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 12:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Click the numbered button again and ut should turn off

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 12:12 pm
Geggs wrote :
I can't use both channel faders at once to emulate a crossfade.

You don't have to do that though. There's no rule that says you have to move two faders at once.

I never use a crossfader when I'm DJing, and not once has anyone noticed/complained/said anything.

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 12:12 pm
Adion wrote :
Click the numbered button again and ut should turn off

Aha! That's the answer I was looking for. I didn't realise that when it was assigned to both sides of the crossfader it wasn't illuminated on either side. Thanks :)

groovindj wrote :
You don't have to do that though. There's no rule that says you have to move two faders at once.

I never use a crossfader when I'm DJing, and not once has anyone noticed/complained/said anything.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not saying you have to do something in a particular way, I just wanted to do it in a way which works for me. I just couldn't get the software to do what I wanted it to. All sorted now though :)

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 2:56 pm
It does actually mention this in the manual...

"If a deck is not assigned as left or right, it will be audible regardless of the crossfader position"

Posted Sun 12 May 19 @ 3:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)