Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Some controls don't function while controller is connected.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dnn.jerHome userMember since 2019
I have an American Audio VMS2. VirtualDJ works fine without it, but when the controller is connected some controls cease to have any effect on the sound. They are gain, master volume, EQ controls, and headphone volume. I can move the knobs with the mouse or with the controller, and I see them move on the screen. However, they have no effect on the sound.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 19 @ 7:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is because the VMS has a hardware mixer.
Please read the manual of the VMS, especially the parts covering pre- and post-EQ mode.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 19 @ 8:31 am
Thank you.

Posted Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 3:39 am
I tried toggling the VMS between pre and post EQ mode, and editing the ONINIT key. Either way neither the AMS nor software EQ has any control over the sound when I'm using the internal sound card and the VMS is connected. It works if I switch over to the VMS sound card. I can use it like this but I would like to be able to use the VMS to control the internal sound card if possible.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 2:11 am
john jrControlleristMember since 2010
hello I have a older version of a Numark Mixtrack with the usb plug on mixer ,I had virtual dj on my old lap top . I have bought a new lap top and want to buy a upgrade version ,but when I look on the list I don't see my mixer model on the list . Will I have to buy a newer controller or one of the ones on the list ?

thanks John

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 3:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)