Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Channel signal problem - DJM 2000 Nexus

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all I hope someone can help me with this issue as its driving me nuts trying to work out whats happening !

Ok so I have 2 x Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus running into a Pioneer DJM 2000 Nexus mixer.
CDJ's are going into Channels 2 and 3 on the mixer and the rca's are in the correct outputs / inputs.

If i play a normal cd/ usb from the left CDJ the signal comes through Chn 2 on the mixer as it should and the same for the right CDJ, signal shows on the mixer on Chn 3) - this confirms my rca's are connected correctly.

However as soon as I go to use a CDJ with VDJ both CDJ signals are coming through on Chn 3 of the mixer even though the correct wave form for the deck is running in VDJ.

so in summery in VDJ
Left CDJ press play - Left Deck wave form in VDJ runs - signal showing on Chn 3 of the mixer - not chn 2 as it should
Right CDJ press play - Right Deck wave form in VDJ runs - signal showing on Chn 3 of the mixer.

I've tried everything I know with regard to changing the deck allocation on mapping but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be very gratefully received !

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 3:38 pm
You don't need to change mapping, as that doesn't relate to sound. You need to check the audio config.

VDJ can't know which of two audio interfaces are on the left or right of your mixer - you need to tell VDJ which way round they are.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 3:51 pm
Thanks for your reply Groovin.

Sorry I should have said in my initial post but I have adjusted the audio settings in vdj in every way possible that I can think of.

This exact same set up worked perfectly before but I have just put a new ssd into my media pc. I did note down all the old vdj audio settings but I’m not getting the same options in vdj to be able to just copy them prob as the program is the latest build. I also noted when downloading the Pioneer stuff thier software had also been updated.

Im away from the pc for a while so I can look at it again later with fresh eyes but if there are any pointers you could offer I will definitely give them a try first.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 4:12 pm
Just to update I have somehow managed to get everything working again - I have no idea how though it was just a cast of going through every possible permutation in the audio settings. It looks nothing like the settings I had before but its working ! On to the next issue in a different post...

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 7:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure which Audio Setup you used in VirtualDJ, but it is recommended to use the sound card of the DJM and not the one from the CDJ.
If i recall, Audio setup should be like..
Deck 1... PIONEER DJM-2000 ASIO .. Chans 3,4
Deck 2 ... PIONEER DJM-2000 ASIO ... Chans 5,6
Deck 3.. PIONEER DJM-2000 ASIO .. Chans 1,2
Deck 4 .. PIONEER DJM-2000 ASIO .. Chans 7,8
but you should also check Pioneer Utility and see if the USB Channels are routed as above.

Notes.
- Make sure the Pioneer ASIO is installed for the DJM-2000 NXS
- Make sure the Pioneer DJM-2000 is not the default playback device for Windows.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 1:46 pm
Thanks for the post DJdad - I spoke to soon in my earlier post that it is all working - as soon as I tuned it back on - nothing works again - none of the settings had been saved even though I re-named what was already working and saved it?

I will try what you have suggested now and hopefully that will sort the issue out.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 3:26 pm
Just to update again !

The suggestion offered above by DJdad did not work. I set the decks as per the post but when it came to the channel options I could not find those listed only USB 1,2 etc.

I have now taken out the DJM 2000 Nexus mixer USB connection to the PC so the only cards / controllers VDJ is seeing are the 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus.

The audio settings are now

Outputs:

deck 1 Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus (WASAPI) Chan 1&2
deck 2 2 - Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus (WASAPI) Chan 1&2
Record Realtek High Definition Audio (WASAPI) Chan 1&2 - (needed to send signal to my broadcast software)

Card - PioneerCDJ2000NEXUS

Inputs - Nothing

This all works and I have saved the settings although I haven't yet tested what happens if I shut everything down and then re-started to see if it remembers !

I've given up on trying to use VDJ broadcast and will stick to Samcast.

I really would like to understand why this has all been so very difficult to get working - like I said in an earlier post it was all set up perfectly last week before I put in a new SSD drive and re-built the PC.

Is there possibly a flaw in the current build of VDJ (v8 B4756) as I am lost to understand why it constantly gave me different channel options even though the hardware connected was exactly the same - even just by changing the skin the audio settings stopped working and went to a different 'setup' with completely different choices.

Anyway as said it seems to be working for now thankfully - fingers crossed it still does when i re-start it all !

Posted Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 4:37 pm
I have the same problem, i still have 2 cdj's 2000 nexus and mixer djm 2000 nexus only that instead of pc i have macbook pro mid 2012 and already try everything and nothing, update the firmware of the cdj's and it worked well a week but soon this is the same, I do not know what should be hopefully give us support because every week that I go to work I have to pray that it works well

Posted Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 5:36 am
fixed, I had to uninstall virtual dj and delete all the folders and start from zero, and I do not know what it is but at least it already works

Posted Wed 01 May 19 @ 4:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)