Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Lost and changed tags again
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm constanly having problems with tags.
After tagging new files...with time these tags are gone.
In december/january i created tags in new musicfiles (audio as well video).
When i look them today...tags are gone.
It occurs in certain tagfields: year, genre, comment....no problem with names of artist and tracks.
The tags i wrote and lost are visible although, beneath the tagfield (see my attached image)
What is this problem...what causes it?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 12:51 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Do you have the option “readonly” set?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 5:02 am
PhilW wrote :
Do you have the option “readonly” set?

Phil, "readonly" is set to "no".
The problem occurs randomly.
Let's say i tagged 10 files on a day....6 of them lost tags.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 1:04 pm
I notice the drive letter is F: so is that an external drive?

Do you ever unplug the drive whilst VDJ is still running? When you unplug, do you eject properly via the OS or just yank it out?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 2:46 pm
groovindj wrote :
I notice the drive letter is F: so is that an external drive?

Do you ever unplug the drive whilst VDJ is still running? When you unplug, do you eject properly via the OS or just yank it out?

Hi, i do not a reason why i should unplug the external drvive while vdj is running, so i do,n't.
I use the notebook and ext drive only for prework of gigs and actually working with vdj.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 11:35 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
hummm... are you sure not to have a plugin/config issue preventing VDJ to exit cleanly ?
if so you can loose some unsaved data: last config change, recent custom buttons, windows position, and last database changes.
Your tags are already present in the files in your capture, the changes are not reported by the database

Tags in MP4 and VDJ ... are you sure you files were not loaded in deck/prelisten when you tryed to tag them ? VDJ would have silently ignored rename & tags
This problem seems not to affect MP3s

Posted Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 12:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Nicotux wrote :
hummm... are you sure not to have a plugin/config issue preventing VDJ to exit cleanly ?
if so you can loose some unsaved data: last config change, recent custom buttons, windows position, and last database changes.

While this is true for the settings file, I believe the database is updated instantly if something changed.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 8:55 am
I'm having the exact problem.

Has anyone found solution?

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 11:22 pm
Anyone find a fix? I've been having the same problem for months.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 2:14 am
What's your tag settings ?

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 7:18 am
I too faced this problem, but because the external disk was ejected at times by mistake. Setting the setTagsAuto to yes solved the problem

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 7:58 pm