Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using USB out and xlr out on a mixer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys. I hope you are all well...:)

I'm looking for a bit of assistance. I don't know if it's even possible, but can anyone tell me if you can use a usb out of your desk back into your laptop whilst using the main xlr's out to the speakers? I use a Behringer Xenyx x1204usb at most of my gigs. My setup is fairly straight forward. Sources into mixer and all fed through the main output xlr's on the back to powered speakers.

I'd quite like to record my sets, and i'm looking at how to do it. There's a USB out on the back of the desk...do I just plug it back into the laptop and select record? Is it as simple as that? I record my radio show using a bigger desk and just the usb out so i know i can record using just the usb with no master out, but can i record via the usb whilst actually using the main outs?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...;)

Chris

Posted Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 10:02 pm
Pionara wrote :
Hey guys. I hope you are all well...:)

I'm looking for a bit of assistance. I don't know if it's even possible, but can anyone tell me if you can use a usb out of your desk back into your laptop whilst using the main xlr's out to the speakers? I use a Behringer Xenyx x1204usb at most of my gigs. My setup is fairly straight forward. Sources into mixer and all fed through the main output xlr's on the back to powered speakers.

I'd quite like to record my sets, and i'm looking at how to do it. There's a USB out on the back of the desk...do I just plug it back into the laptop and select record? Is it as simple as that? I record my radio show using a bigger desk and just the usb out so i know i can record using just the usb with no master out, but can i record via the usb whilst actually using the main outs?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...;)

Chris

Page 10 of the Xenyx x1204usb manual says yes.

Posted Sat 09 Mar 19 @ 2:10 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Hi,

I use the Xenix 12xx USB and x24xxUSB serie for a while with VDJ

As long as you plug them in USB they become a new audio device with 4 channels out routed to MAIN using 4.0 down matrix on some and one stereo channel as input
Some allow to send the stream from USB to Main XLR using 2trk/usb and 2-trk to Main red buttons some don't, but send it to monitor output only instead
You can record the Main output from USB in the PC. i.e.: The voice only if mic are plugged in the Mixer
When USB output goes only to monitor, you can reinsert monitoring in a free input channel if you need to record all, or use Monitoring output JACK/RCA as your Main output if you need to hear all but wanna record voice only.

If VDJ handles everything, You can also activate inputs settings as RECORD or MIC from within VDJ
This is fun to be able to add effect to the voices directly using your controller but this needs advance config

Posted Sat 09 Mar 19 @ 3:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)