Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Elimination of Harmonic Field - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
EXTREMELY disappointed with the removal of the 'Harmonic' field with latest update.
EXTREMELY disappointed with having to go to settings to toggle between 'harmonic' and 'musical' display for the key.
Even MORE disappointed that neither the harmonic nor the musical (key) is displayed in the key field once a song is loaded onto any deck. Does not appear to be a way to change that. HORRIBLE idea.

This doesn't make it easier to mix harmonically at all. The harmonics being colored is ok, but the harmonic indication in the browser goes away once a song is loaded.

PLEASE revert back to the previous way, or at least make it an option, and PLEASE bring back the 'harmonic' field. This is a major setback for people like me who use the key and harmonic fields all the time.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 5:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can click the key display in the skin to toggle between key and harmonic as well.
In the browser, perhaps you need to increase the column width a little bit to fit the harmonic and the check mark

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 6:31 am
I'm not sure I get the problem
Here are the new version and a previous version with the key functions circled in green.
What is it you are missing in the new version?

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 8:27 am
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My apologies for the alarmist post. Turns out the key column wasn't wide enough on my browser to view the 'check' and the key.

I also created a button to toggle between 'musical' and 'harmonic'.

I suppose i'll get used to there not being separate columns for 'key' and 'harmonic' by using 'key' and 'key difference'.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 2:01 pm
So I personally thought it was better to make the key and the harmonic key (numeric) side by side in the browser, so that I would not have to switch first, so I could compare immediately.
But fine, I have one more seat for that.
Mine question. What does the circle in front of the key in the browser mean? Sometimes weak, sometimes fully displayed?
For that I have to say once again, if you do something new, please also make at least a short description, in the setting or mapper, where ever what is changed.
It would also be nice to make the key button in the 4 deck skin, so you can insert something smaller there ;-)
Greetings Dani

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 4:22 pm
djdutschi wrote :
Mine question. What does the circle in front of the key in the browser mean? Sometimes weak, sometimes fully displayed?

Adion wrote :
A bright check mark means the song is compatible in key with the song currently playing.
A darker check mark means the song can be compatible in key with the current song by shifting it only one semitone. (done automatically when autoKey option is on)

Agree to you, some more details if something changed would be nice to have.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 4:39 pm
Wonder why you have change the key-difference. You can mix tracks in another ways than the exact key-match or 1 up or down. Is there any way too change it in options. I prefer the difference in camelot.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 3:08 am
The numbers are still there like before

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 4:04 am
No, the key difference is not in numbers!

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 6:02 am
Maybe the column is a little bit too small? Try to make it a little wider.

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 6:05 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
@ coldfield

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 7:10 am
what happened to the Harmonic column in the browser?

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 3:11 pm
wickedmix wrote :

It got better:

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 3:55 pm
Anyone notice that when actually loading an opposing track and visually see what the “key difference “ changes to in the browser and all that? Especially on tracks that are supposed to be non-harmonically compatible...?

For example it might say 4 under key difference (no check mark obviously) but when you load said track it changes “key difference “ to 0 with now a check mark! On every opposing song loaded!

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 8:49 pm
The check mark takes into account the current "master" deck.
So, any time your master deck changes, the checkmarks change to reflect compatibility with the new master deck.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 1:23 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
wickedmix wrote :

It got better:

GREAT WORK !!
This is easy to tab between the musical and harmonic style in the browser on the default skin (tab on key in the player), is this an easy edit to import to another skin?
I use Fruits skin and it´s not working :(

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 4:06 pm
Looks like the default skin uses setting 'keydisplay' to do the switching. FRUiT's skin switches between get_harmonic, get_key_modifier and get_key (which is what previous default skin did).

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 5:42 pm
Thanks groovin, how do I change the xml then ;)

From Fruit skin

<textzone name="key" visibility="loaded">
<tooltip>KEY\nClick here to toggle various key infos</tooltip>
<pos x="+10" y="+6"/>
<size width="44" height="25"/>
<text size="22" color="#d1d2d3" align="center" action="get_key"/>
<text size="22" color="#d1d2d3" align="center" action="get_harmonic"/>
<text size="22" color="#d1d2d3" align="center" action="get_key_modifier"/>
<text size="12" color="#a5a5a5" align="center" format="KEY"/>
</textzone>

Or can I make a shortcut script to a button ?

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 6:03 pm
This is how it's done in the default skin.
So you'll probably just need to add the action to the textzone, and remove the additional <texts> to keep only one with get_key

<textzone name="keyleft" class="textcolorline1" action="setting 'keyDisplay'">
<pos x="+81+30" y="+37"/>
<size width="35" height="16"/>
<text size="16" align="right" weight="bold" action="get_key"/>
</textzone>

On a custom button, you can use the same action to toggle:
setting 'keyDisplay'

Posted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 6:34 pm
Thanks Adion, but doesn´t work for me with this

<textzone name="keyleft" class="textcolorline1" action="setting 'keyDisplay'">
<pos x="+10" y="+6"/>