Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 interrupted music once in a while (1s 2s) , sometimes muic also is skipping for one or two second ahead - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dakaniPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Like in title, i dont know why it happens, i use the latest VDJ8 Denon MC4000 and a strong hardware with I7 and 8 Ram. Last saturday i had that issue, please help me because of that I will have a heart attack, I have nightmares already ;)

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 7:18 am
 Best Answer Are you using the Denon ASIO drivers, if so that will plainly be the issue as this sort of problem is normal for them.

Use WASAPI instead and it will all work fine.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 9:05 am[ selected best answer by Homeboy on Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 8:18 pm ]
Unfortunately those kind of issues are hard to solve

In general it happens because VDJ can't get the resources it needs to play and/or "deliver" the music. By deliver I mean send it to the sound card drivers buffer in time

So usually it's too low specs on the laptop, to low buffer/latency setting on the soundcard driver, something else running on the laptop taking up resources( like hidden processes for OS update preparations, OS search preparation, firewall, anti-virus and so on), or bad drivers - either for the soundcard or something else on the laptop - that interferes with the processing (often drivers for wifi or graph-card, but it can really be anything)

So there is a lot to look into

My first step would be to follow some of the OS tuning guides, and disable what you don't need, update drivers if possible
Then look into the power settings to check that nothing is set to ever sleep
Also maybe get a latency checker that can show latency spikes, and what is causing them
And also - and this may seem a bit stupid - try replacing the usb cable just to make sure

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 7:37 am
I know that is hard to find. I'm not sure if it's a laptop, this computer is only for music, I have all processes turned off (wifi also), I do not have an idea anymore. This is my second time, at first one ive chenged the usb cable for new one and reset all windows on my laptop...but now I do not know what to do and in a moment another weekend, another event. Thx for your reply anyway.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 8:44 am
Are you using the Denon ASIO drivers, if so that will plainly be the issue as this sort of problem is normal for them.

Use WASAPI instead and it will all work fine.

Selected as best answer Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 9:05 am
WASAPI ? will I have a problem with setting the denon controller with that?

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 9:28 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You have to try. For most people it words flawless.
WASAPI is just the driver which is provided by windows.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 9:30 am
No problems at all.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 9:40 am
I hope this will help, because i have no idea how to solve it, thank you all for hints ;)

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 10:16 am
Maybe I should go to macbook ... what do you think ?

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 11:26 am
No. No need. It's the Denon drivers that are the issue.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 12:05 pm
thx kradcliffe, i will try this weekend with the Wasapi drivers, i only hope that I will be able to configure my Denon. I'll ask you, by the way...do i need to choose the soundcard built in Denon (with WASAPI), and do i need to uninstall Denon asio drivers ?

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 2:22 pm
You don't need to uninstall the Denon drivers, just select the non-ASIO driver in the sound config click down.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 4:52 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
You don't need to uninstall the Denon drivers, just select the non-ASIO driver in the sound config click down.

so do i need to download the WASAPI drivers or not?

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 6:43 pm
PachN wrote :
WASAPI is just the driver which is provided by windows.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 6:50 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
dakani, in case it wasn't clear, do not download WASAPI drivers - they will already be on your system. Just change the VDJ audio config to choose those instead of ASIO.

My old laptop was fine with ASIO and my Denon DN-MC6000 but I cannot get my current one to work at all so switched to to WASAPI and have never looked back.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 7:42 pm
PhilW wrote :
dakani, in case it wasn't clear, do not download WASAPI drivers - they will already be on your system. Just change the VDJ audio config to choose those instead of ASIO.

My old laptop was fine with ASIO and my Denon DN-MC6000 but I cannot get my current one to work at all so switched to to WASAPI and have never looked back.

ok ;) i didnt know that, so i will try to do that tomorrow, and i think i will do downgrade to windows 7, i'm just afraid that I will not be able to set the denon properly

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 9:57 pm
Wasapi will work on any Windows version.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 10:06 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Downgrading to an older Windows version seems like heavy lifting to me. Windows 10 is working great for many, me included.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 11:59 pm
PhilW wrote :
Downgrading to an older Windows version seems like heavy lifting to me. Windows 10 is working great for many, me included.

i remember that back in the days i was playing on XP and 7 on not so strong hardware, i had never an issue with that, W10 i dont know why- there always something goin on

Posted Tue 08 Jan 19 @ 12:31 am
Hi, so ive just setup the wasapi drivers, but there is no sound on my headphone, do you heave some advice for that?

master denon 1/2 wasapi chan 1 & 2
headphone denon 3/4 wasapi chan 3 & 4

and at the top: two souncard and denon internal souncard (mc4000) selected

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 3:30 pm
80%