Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Master volume and Headphones volume not working with DDJ-SB3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

legoptxHome userMember since 2018
I recently bought a Pioneer DDJ-SB3 controller and after connecting it to VDJ everything seems to be working except the Master & Headphones Volume knobs. Although the knobs do follow on screen the physical rotation no changes happen. When I disconnect the controller and restart VDJ everything seems to work fine but as soon as I plug in the controller and start using it these 2 features do not work at all. (I am yet an unexperienced user, this might be a small problem with a clear solution, although I can't manage to find one)

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 5:43 am
So in other words, you're not getting any sound out of the SB3? I assume you have speakers and headphones attached to the SB3.

What's the audio config in VDJ? When you plug in the SB3, do you get a popup box showing that it's been detected, and asking if you want to use the sound card?

Have you read and followed the VDJ setup guide for the SB3?

Did you ensure that the SB3 is not being used by Windows as your default audio device?

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 9:15 am
I forgot to mention, no I don't have the audio outputs connected to the sb3, as both heaphones and speakers are USB I've plugged them to the computer and manage the sound from there. As my audio configuration, I have it set as two soundboards (one master one headphones both chan 1&2)

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 12:57 pm
Well there's your problem. The SB3 has a built in audio interface - and the general idea is that you use it!

The controls on the SB3 will affect the SB3, not your USB devices. Use the SB3 as intended and your master & headphones controls will work just fine.

I did ask if you had read and followed the VDJ setup guide for the SB3. I guess you didn't, because the functions of both those knobs is explained clearly in the guide.

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 1:07 pm
Thank you for the help, really appreciate ;)

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 1:34 pm
I have recently bought ddj sb3 controller however I am not seeing it listed as one of the supported controllers in the settings. Furthermore when I plug the controller in virtual dj sticks and only unsticks when I unplug the controller. Please help

Posted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 11:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 11:40 pm
SikTrapControlleristMember since 2018
Press the fuckin master button

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)