Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: tracks randomly slowing down and then speeding up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KENNY BPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As the title suggests I have a random issue where tracks slow down and speed back up of there own accord. ive ruled out hardware and the tracks play fine in other programs.
laptop spec isn't the issue either.

Any thoughts peeps

Posted Fri 12 Oct 18 @ 8:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So while this happens, u see the BPM value and the Pitch fader position on GUI changing , or is it like Pitch Bending (temporary speed-up/down) ? Can you reproduce it at will, with specific files only or not related ?

Posted Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 8:27 am
its a totally random thing. as you suggest its like the pitch has been slowed right down the brought back to the correct pitch. this happens on both decks of my controller. I can play the same track again and it plays fine. the graphic pitch fader on vdj stays as it should. however the wave form slows .

Posted Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 8:34 pm
KENNY B wrote :
...of my controller

Oh, you're using a controller. Why didn't you mention that in your first post? What controller is it?

You said you ruled out hardware. Does that mean the problem still occurs without the controller?

Posted Sun 14 Oct 18 @ 6:39 am
its a denon controller. I have used it on another system and the issue didn't manifest its self.
I can also rule out auto bpm match as suggested by vdj support.

And the reason I didn't mention a controller is that its not manifesting itself as a hardware fault at that end.

Posted Tue 16 Oct 18 @ 9:06 pm
KENNY B wrote :
on another system and the issue didn't manifest its self

Another system? Can't you be more specific? If it's another computer of the same type (PC / Mac?) running the same OS and the same version of VDJ then you ought to try using the settings.xml from the good machine to replace the one on the bad machine.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 9:24 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Are you using the default mapping and what happens if you switch to it (assuming you aren’t). And, does the problem occur without the controller connected?

I agree that it sounds like it’s not hardware so most likely the mapping.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 1:38 pm
its a default skin/mapping and default settings.
When I say ive tried it on another system . I mean ive ran the controller on another laptop with no issues, the machine I playout on only has VDJ on it nothing else.

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 8:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)