Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ preferences resetting after i close and open the program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For some reason VirtualDJ is now resetting the preference file when i exit and reopen the program? I checked that is wasn't running in demo mode and it's not checked. please help. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 2:56 pm
Check if the files in the \documents\virtualdj folder are locked or security protected somehow, so that your user (and therefore the programs your user runs) can't change them
Especially the settings.xml and database.xml files

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 3:21 pm
Also keep in mind that some controllers reset some settings either when the "Device Detected" window comes up, or much more rarely on their initialization.
So, are you sure it's all the settings that reset or some specific ones ?
If it's specific ones let us know which settings, and which controller you use.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 5:01 pm
Thanks, yea for some reason the VirtualDJ folder was set to Read Only? i unchecked that, will see if that fixes it. Thanks again!

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 5:02 pm
it was all the setting, it opens to the default skin, and all my custom settings for EQ kill, Video logo turned off is on just like i had a fresh install. I did find the VirtualDJ folder set to Read Only? so i have unchecked that and will see how it goes. Thanks you all so much!

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 5:05 pm
Ive discovered that what is causing the reset seams to be my American Audio MXR14. it's been working fine as I was using the software without any hardware. Then last night I connected to the mixer and that worked fine, but opened the computer for the first time this morning and the preferences have been reset again. So im thinking it has to do with the use of hardware. Can this be fixed?

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 10:46 am
SamTheRecordMan wrote :
Ive discovered that what is causing the reset seams to be my American Audio MXR14. it's been working fine as I was using the software without any hardware. Then last night I connected to the mixer and that worked fine, but opened the computer for the first time this morning and the preferences have been reset again. So im thinking it has to do with the use of hardware. Can this be fixed?

I don't think that is the case in general with hardware

I run VDJ with and without hardware going back and forth all the time - with 5+ different hardware - and it doesn't happen on my setup

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 11:20 am
I will have to try with my Denon MC4000 and see if it does it there, I do have another computer running same version of Virtual DJ and don't remember having this problem so it could totally be my computer, I just don't know where to look to keep this from happening, I did find the settings file in a read only state last time, this time i checked the preferences file and it's fine no read only, Thanks for any help:-)

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 1:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)