Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke Mode Causes VDJ2018-b4537 To Lock Up (Windows 10 Pro)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My very first time to use Karaoke mode, and I had to manually queue the songs... it was a family party,so things were casual. But, something broke it in the last week. This has happened on my system, in the last 2 weeks...
- I loaded the ADJ VMS2 drivers, but ended up not using the controller. I used my 24 inch touch screen.
- I downloaded several new skins to test a new look for my touch screen.
- I purchased and converted 180 new Karaoke songs from CD+G to MP3 & CDG files, then updated the Comments fields and years.
- Installed Windows 10's 2018-09 updates (KBs 4457128, 4456655, 4457145 & 4343902)
- Installed VDJ 2108 update v8.3b4537

This is the first time I have personally had issues with VDJ, and I see others with odd issues after knowingly doing any one of the above things. I even downloaded the latest VDJ MSI and reran it... I still get VDJ whiting out with a spinning donut, to not come back after 4 or 5 minutes.

Side Note: Shader and Slide Show modes work without issues.

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me!

Posted Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 10:44 pm
I installed VDJ on my wife's computer, and... the same thing. It is 3 years old (compared to my 1 month old laptop), also running Windows 10 Pro fully updated. Her computer is not a clone of mine. There definitely seems to be a permissions or driver issue going on, and I would venture that the last Spectre-2 update has something to do with it.

At least, I can manually queue songs, but it would have been nice to use the Karaoke mode.

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 10:15 pm
I fixed it, and I am not sure why this affects things... karaokeDualDeck has to be "No". It didn't use to be...

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)