Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: whats up with the VIRTUAL DJ AND THE pioneer DDJ SX3??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED WITH THE SX2. THERE IS SO MANY PROBLEMS ITS NOT FUNNY. WHERE DO I START. I GUESS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE, IS THAT VIRTUAL 8 WILL JUST SHUT DOWN ALL THE SUDDEN. AND WHEN UR PLAYING AT A CLUB AND ARE PROJECTING OUT TO A MESS OF T.VS. NOT GOOD. WHEN YOU TURN ON VIRTUAL YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING FOR IT TO FIND THE CONTROLLER. BUT EVEN WHEN IT FINDS IT. IT WILL PLAY A TRACK BUT THEN THE PLATTERS DON'T LIGHT UP. SO YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR CUE. NOT TO MENTION THE HEADPHONE OUTPUT SOMETIMES WORKS AND SOMETIMES DOSE'NT. WHEN YOUR LOOKING THROUGH YOUR FILES YOU PUSH THE BUTTON TO LOAD THE TRACK AND NOTHING HAPPENS. YOU HAVE TO CLICK AND DRAG IT OVER YOUR SELF. I'VE HAD THIS CONTROLLER FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW. AND ITS BEEN A REAL PAIN IN THE BUTT. I PLAY THURS,FRIDAY, SATURDAY. THIS WHY IAM SO PISS. THIS IS MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A JACKASS. BECAUSE WHEN IT DECIDES TO NO WORK, ITS NOT LIKE I CAN RESTART THE PROGRAM WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING. AND YES IT DOES HAVE AN OTHER USB INPUT OR I CAN PLUG IN MY PHONE. BUT WHY? THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO EVEN HAVE TO DO THAT. I WAITED AFTER THE CONTROLLER CAME OUT SO THAT HOPEFULLY ALL THE BUGS WOULD BE FIXED BY THEN. BUT I GUESS NOT. BUT WE STILL HAVE TO KEEP PAYING FOR PRO USER EVEN THOUGH ITS MAKING US LOOK LESS THAN A PRO. VIRTUAL DJ HAS ALWAYS BEEN PERFECT! LAST NIGHT I FOUND MYSELF DOWNLOADING SERATO BECAUSE I'AM REALLY TRIED OF THIS. MAYBE ITS TAKING A WHILE FOR THEM TO FIX THE BUGS CUZ NOBODY HAS TOLD THEM THAT IT DON'T WORK RIGHT. I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE WHO PLAYS AT CLUBS OR ANY GIG WHERE YOUR MAKING MONEY AND CANT AFFORD TO LOOK BAD. THEN DON"T MESS AROUND USE SOMETHING ELSE!. VIRTUAL 8 WITH THE DDJSX3 IS LIKE BRINGING A PIT BULL HOME YOU FOUND ON THE STREET. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHEN ITS GONNA BITE YOU. SO DON'T!! RISK IT. I WON'T EVEN ASK FOR UN UPDATE OR ETA ON WHEN THESE BUGS WILL BE FIXED. IF THEY KNEW I'AM SURE THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD US ALREADY.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 11:50 am
Have you checked to see if your unit is part of the SX3 recall?

Also all caps is very hard to read and also considered rude like you are yelling..

Posted Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 11:56 am
wickedmix wrote :
caps is very hard to read

It's not just the caps. No paragraphs, bad spelling, bad punctuation....

DJALEX1071 wrote :
THIS IS MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A JACKASS

I agree!

Posted Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 12:14 pm
Have you read the manual all the way through?

http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/index.html

What are your computer specs? Have you checked to see if your SX3 is part of the recall? There are sooooo many factors to consider other than just VDJ if you're having issues. 99% of the time, it's user error or incorrect settings on your laptop.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 12:27 pm
groovindj wrote :
wickedmix wrote :
caps is very hard to read

It's not just the caps. No paragraphs, bad spelling, bad punctuation....

DJALEX1071 wrote :
THIS IS MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A JACKASS

I agree!

LOL!!!!!!

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 7:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unfortunately we cant do much unless you manage to reproduce the crash while your computer is online (connected to Internet) and crash reports to be uploaded to our server.
When a crash occurs, the program doesnt exit properly and some procedures (such as properly releasing unit) may not happen, so when comes back, the unit may be not "available" for VDJ and lots of weird things can happen, such as not properly initialize the controller.
Keep in mind that all recent Pioneer controllers have a certain initialize procedure in order to properly work (blame Pioneer for that)

Anyways, here is what you can do..
- As said above, try to reproduce the crash at home (while you are connected to the Internet) and let us know so that we check the report.
- Replace the USB cable, as it may be a bad one and could cause troubles on short disconnections
- If you see your controller not properly working after re-connection, dont re-open VDJ. First try to goto VDJ Settings ->AUDIO tab and hit APPLY, and also to Controllers tab, select the DDJ-SX3, right-click and choose re-connect and see if that helps.
- Optimize your computer. Probably not related to what happened , but its always good to go that way.

Last but not least, your unit may fall to this case .. https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2018/08/pioneer-dj-admits-problems-with-some-ddj-sx3-units-insists-its-not-a-recall/ so better check.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 8:15 pm
"I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE WHO PLAYS AT CLUBS OR ANY GIG WHERE YOUR MAKING MONEY AND CANT AFFORD TO LOOK BAD. THEN DON"T MESS AROUND USE SOMETHING ELSE!"

I would advise any professional that if you have a blown speaker on Friday night, it will be blown on Saturday night. It's not like the speaker had a good nights sleep, and now they feel all better. This is no different. You had issues on one night, and used the same equipment the next not??? First, if my rig has two issues, and I don't know what happened, I bring out the backup, of which I have several. There is no way I go back in the club with the same issue. I'm home the next day trying to figure out the problem, if I don't, I bring in the backup. If my equipment goes down, I take responsibility, because shet happens. We made mistakes before there were computers, so one mistake does not make you look like an idiot. Continue to make the same mistake does.

Hopefully you and anyone else will take this as a learning experience. If you are making money as a DJ, the client hired you, not your equipment, so stop blaming it for failures. If you don't have a backup plan, you should not be playing in front of people. There's no crying in DJing.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 1:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)