Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Would be happy if VIRTUALDJ was also available in the Microsoft Store - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello

Would be happy if VIRTUALDJ was also available in the Microsoft Store, it certainly makes a good addition to the already existing DJ apps and would be an enrichment for the store as well as the user as you can enjoy the advantages of the store. (one point of contact, easier/clean installation/uninstallation, security, automatic Update supply and it also runs in S-mode)

thanks, pakebuschr

Posted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 2:23 pm
As I comment in the German forum:
This makes no sense at all imo....

Posted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 8:56 pm
A plausible reason for this was not to be mentioned. With the free version there is also no profit participation from MS.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 11:20 pm
That's not entirely true. The free version has content unlimited subscription as an in-app purchase so M$ would presumably want a cut.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 1:55 am

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 1:43 pm
Most apps are available elsewhere.

I have never ever used the Microsoft Store and it's one of the things I block instantly when setting up a new PC.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 1:47 pm
Yes distributed throughout the web, sometimes more times less contaminated with crap...

I prefer the store basically and is the simplest, safest and most convenient way for the user.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 1:59 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 2:00 pm
lol !!

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 6:55 pm
@PachN: That would then apply to all stores, the reality proves the opposite, Play store and co are enjoying the greatest popularity.

@all: Just wanted to express my wish, maybe if not already done, you think about it.
Well, I guess everything was said, wish a nice weekend,

Greetings, pakebuschr

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 8:49 pm
NO! Just NO!!! and how about the possibility of erm! some more NOOOOO!

Posted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 1:51 am
I totally agree, I always prefer to installa apps from the store if they're available: they run sandboxed, they have clean install/updates/uninstall, no risk to install files everywhere, edit the registry, edit system settings, install 3rd party apps, get malwares.

for all the people that scream NONONO, can you exactly tell me why?

Posted Sat 24 Nov 18 @ 8:16 pm
I have no idea, the benefits are well known and would have no disadvantages for anyone, is probatly cool to be against.

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 7:27 am
exactly

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 9:21 am
dontbeevil wrote :
I totally agree, I always prefer to installa apps from the store if they're available: they run sandboxed, they have clean install/updates/uninstall, no risk to install files everywhere, edit the registry, edit system settings, install 3rd party apps, get malwares.

for all the people that scream NONONO, can you exactly tell me why?

What if the apps need to be un-sandboxed(direct access), need access to the registry, need access to the documents folders and hidden app folders, need to change system settings (like the path)
What then?

I guess I see the Microsoft app store as the bad 3rd party app that I don't want to touch my software, and generally avoid to have Microsoft handle things like that for me
It's basically the same approach I have with iTunes and music

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 11:25 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I have never ever used the Microsoft Store and it's one of the things I block instantly when setting up a new PC.

Me too. I consider it malware

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 11:26 am
Krita, Kodi, Paint.NET, MS/WPS Office, MP3Tag, WinSCP, DOSBox Games and many many other have no Problem with the Store, for VirtualDJ i see no Problem.

Not all new features are bad.

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 12:05 pm
For some reasons quote doesn't want to work, I'll try to edit the message to make more readbale

Q: Krita, Kodi, Paint.NET, MS/WPS Office, MP3Tag, WinSCP, DOSBox Games and many many other have no Problem with the Store, for VirtualDJ i see no Problem.
Not all new features are bad.

A: exactly, and I'd add Skype, Slack, Teams, iTunes, Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music...

Q: What if the apps need to be un-sandboxed(direct access), need access to the registry, need access to the documents folders and hidden app folders, need to change system settings (like the path)
What then?
I guess I see the Microsoft app store as the bad 3rd party app that I don't want to touch my software, and generally avoid to have Microsoft handle things like that for me
It's basically the same approach I have with iTunes and music

A; I see that you don't know clearly what you're talking about, all the classic win32 apps can be ported to the store, they don't need to be unsandboxed, they can still use the registry (just they will use a virtual one), they can explicit ask permission to the folders that they need, and some system settings (like the path) can be still changed, they just need ask for explicit permission

Q: Me too. I consider it malware

A; and nope this doesn't make sense at all, if there is something to be considered MALWARE is not what comes from the store

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 5:14 pm
Virtual DJ works perfectly well as a download from its current host. There's no need to have it anywhere else.

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 5:29 pm
Virtual DJ works also perfectly well as a download from the Store,
There's no need to have it on current host. :)

Why not both?

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 7:55 pm
49%