Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Volume decrease on deck1 when deck2's is increased

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using the numark mix party, and when i have a song cued on deck 2 and increase the volume, when it gets nearer the top the volume/quality decreases on deck 1. i could upload a sample if anyone wants.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 5:55 pm
Sounds like you're triggering the limiter - i.e. too much volume.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 6:12 pm
i turned all knobs to 12 oclock, even turned the bass right down on the cued song but its still happening.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 7:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Still most likely that your signals are too hot, try change the setting zeroDB to -6.
The first thing (technical/electronical) I leant about dj'ing is if it's too quiet and it's up full/high, try turn it down, counter intuitive but true.

Would you rather?; as loud as possible with the limiter messing up your mix, or better idea turning it down a bit and having smooth levels.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 8:39 pm
how do i do that?

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 10:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Just like that.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 10:54 pm
this has stopped it, but the tracks still sound like they aren't gelling together that well, just kinda sounds like one song on top of the other if you know what i mean.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 11:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
3 tips to help with that

-It will depend on the songs if they will fit together at the same time or not
-It will depend on the locations within the song. When both songs have a vocal or main instrument playing at the time you try to mix it, that will often not sound well together. Do your mixing in the intro's/outro's where less is going on
-Use the low equalizer to make sure kick and bass of only one of the 2 songs is fully open at the same time

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 12:00 pm
I've used VDJ for quite a while, but just with the laptop, and I've never had this problem this is the first time using a controller and the new version, and it just doesn't sound right.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 12:08 pm
Well come on - what do you expect for a low end, budget 'toy' controller?

Quite possibly the audio interface in that thing is worse than what's in the laptop!

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 12:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you make a short recording perhaps, both with the old version and your current setup.
It's a bit hard to tell what you hear is 'wrong' just by what you explained

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 12:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)