Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No Video Transitions with Virtualdj 2018 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Since update to VDJ 8.3, no way to get any video transition

Selecting Source -> transition gives access to visualisations Overlays and transforms instead, strictly the same as Video FX but source for audio only tracks
No way to find any of fade, cube, satellite, zoom and so on

I remove it for now and go back to V8.2

Posted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 4:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just load a video track, and you should see the transitions on the same place as before.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 4:23 pm
May be it would... but that's not the case at all with one two no video or more

Even if it were the case there is no reason video FX and Visualizations appear instead of / mixed with VideoTransitions because their use are incompatible. None of the plugins store in Plugin/VideoTransition folder appear in any of these lists.

When VideoTransition folder is move/link into VideoEffect folder opefully they can be activated, but this is a HACK
Video FX Visualizations transforms and overlays have nothing to deal with Transition, and have their own selector which is OK

Maybe the problem is skin related or skin engine:
skins textzone commands: action="video_fx_select" and action="video_transition_select" report strictly the same which is definitively wrong, where action="video_fx" action="video_transition_select" still works fine and text "%videofx" and "%videotransition" seems to be OK

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 4:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 5:03 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Are you using the default skin? For me, on the default skin, both Adion's advice of loading a video, or Locodog's advice of clicking on "transitions" (see his picture, above), bring up the transitions list. No moving things around or hacks necessary on my computer.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 5:26 pm
MJ177PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had this same issue where my transitions were showing FX instead of transitions.

I think it was an issue with me using a transition from VDJ7 that didn't work with 8.

I uninstalled and re-installed and still had issue, but when I uninstalled, and also removed all my settings, then re-installed it solved my problem.

Hopefully this helps! =)

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 4:32 am
Back after some hollidays...

In fact it was simply a problem with default skin not fully updated
Only 2,4 & 6 decks were but not tablet variation i used

Thanks, this helped me to figure out that custom skins have to be updated as well

Now still a problem with configuration of autorun plugins which are apparently not accessible anymore

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 2:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)