Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: skin redraw/refresh problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For the passed several builds I've noticed the skin will redraw on its own, I'm sure this is a new feature.
If you're typing in the search bar and this happens search will loose focus so you have to staet again.
Occasionally the browser dosent fully show all files except the current browsed file.

And every now and then virtualdj will completely crash during this refresh.

Is there anyway of stopping this behaviour please?
The skin shouldn't need to keep refreshing..

It's not a build specific issue and not a windows issue as I've already reinstalled windows several times and kept it clean and upto date.
No antivirus running except windows defender, and WiFi disabled usb WiFi unplugged while gigging.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 2:17 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have had a similar experience, but mine was related to Windows. You may want to watch on start up of Windows. My quick launch icons would disappear and "redraw".

For me it got so bad that just after a start up if I opened Chrome for instance during that redraw, I basically could not surf the web at all until I restarted again. I never did figure out what was going on. But a clean wipe and rebuild fixed my issue. I have observed similar behaviors since and they seem to be Network driver related. Meaning, I still see the redraws without VDJ ever having been run at all and they always seem to happen when I have some sore of network interruption and network driver update.

I am not saying this is the "same", but I have seen this happen on my system and I personally think it started with Win 10. Most of the times, no problems or minor inconvenience (lose search focus or something). But before my reformat it was a real bugger.

But think about it, if you are doing a search and have not turned off the VDJ internet searches then you are probably using the network card in some capacity.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:22 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Interesting I have the opposite with the screen not redrawing. I'm on Windows 10, using the early access VDJ 2018 beta. If I'm prepping a track and correcting a beat-grid (press Tap whilst the song in NOT playing to set the first beat) the screen is not updated so the beat-grid still looks incorrect. If I nudge the track or press play the beat-grid then snaps to it's newly corrected position. Used to work fine so it's an issue with the 2018 beta.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 11:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)