Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Behringer Eurolive B207MP3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just bought two Behringer Eurolive B207MP3 active speakers for my Reloop Touch . They look great but I guess its not enough to perform for over 100 people . Does anyone have experience with these speakers and have any advice ?

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 4:34 pm
Don't buy Behringer basically.

Very budget. Probably OK for home use but that's about it really.

Several people I know have bought their kit and it's been dead in weeks.

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 4:36 pm
Some Behringer stuff is OK. I've got a few of their 19" rack mount processors.

Of course the old adage "you get what you pay for" comes into play.

Those B207MP3 speakers are not for use as a main PA system for DJs. From the description on the web site "vocal and keyboard monitoring, multi-media, press conferences and home recording studio".

The size of the driver and the wattage should tell you that anyway. Your starting point should be (IMO) 12" drivers and at least 300W RMS.

I'd suggest having a look at something from dB Technologies (part of the RCF group).

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 4:48 pm
I think I buy an extra set of 250 watt speakers , I think that might improve the performance and makes it ok for small gigs .

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 5:18 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 6:46 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
OceanBob wrote :
I think I buy an extra set of 250 watt speakers , I think that might improve the performance and makes it ok for small gigs .

Still might be lacking, the beringers are really only any good for monitoring or feeding sound to a quiet area of the venue.
Bigger speakers can always be turned down to suit the venue, underrated speakers will always sound enemeic or even worse you'll let the smoke out pushing them too hard.

If i had a 100 body gig (like a wedding or something)I'd use 2 300w full rangers for mid tops & high bass with a 700w sub, but then I'm just using what I think best (loud enough for venue, with least weight) out of all the gear I've got, and my gear is all passive.

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 8:23 pm
What if I link each Behringer B207MP3 to a Behringer B615D , who are 1500 watts active speakers ? They sell for 450 euro's , which is not too expensive . I was immediately attrackted to Behringers design , so I'm not really convinced this is a second-rate brand .

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 7:30 am
The B207MP3s just won't cut it, like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 8:20 am
OceanBob wrote :
What if I link each Behringer B207MP3 to a Behringer B615D , who are 1500 watts active speakers ? They sell for 450 euro's , which is not too expensive . I was immediately attrackted to Behringers design , so I'm not really convinced this is a second-rate brand .

Please trust me, that brand should be avoided by all means. Their designs is only bad copies of other stuff.

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 10:56 am
I must say I have nothing to complain about the Behringer B207's , it feels all very solid and professional. I can even connect a cd-player , a recordplayer and 2 usb-devices to them , not to speak of multiple instruments and microphones besides the Reloop Touch . All in all I would say this makes the perfect home-set-up , and I wouldnt know why it wouldnt be perfect for a gig in combination with two 1500 watt active speakers .

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 5:50 pm
You sound like you've made your choice despite the advice, go the behringer route, just be good enough to post back once they go pop.

At their absolute best behringer gear is ok, most of the time they don't last the rigours of giging.

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 7:00 pm
If you're going to use the two B615D's for a gig, you don't need to involve the tiny B207s.

They would be swamped by the larger speakers anyway, you'd never hear them.

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 7:01 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
First, it’s not advisable to mix different speakers running in the same frequency range. Dirstorion, cancelation, combing etc. all come into play.
The 207 is designed to be a monitor for a small room, not a PA for a venue.

With a peak SPL of 116, this is going to sound have as loud as something like a Mackie SRM450. The low frequency response starts off at where a lot of people cross over to a subwoofer. Meaning they will not have low end capable of filling a dance hall. Especially if you fill it with people.
The whole range in general cuts out needed frequencies in both the sub and high range levels.

The second speaker you mentioned does much better all around. But, you may find something lighter, smaller, and with lower power draw used that you would be happier with.

Posted Wed 16 May 18 @ 6:09 am
OceanBob wrote :
I must say I have nothing to complain about the Behringer B207's , it feels all very solid and professional. I can even connect a cd-player , a recordplayer and 2 usb-devices to them , not to speak of multiple instruments and microphones besides the Reloop Touch .

Yes, it's their trick. Fill with features to make it feel 'most bang for the buck' - then let you down in terms of quality.
Normally, people does not complain about new stuff just unpacked. It's after a year of gigging the true face of the quaility will show.

Posted Wed 16 May 18 @ 6:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)