Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Regd the search fields

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I am not sure in which version this happened, but at some point in the last couple of months, the "REMIXER" field has disappeared from the list of fields that can be selected to be searchable in the browser. Is this a known thing, or do I have a problem with my VDJ setting or something?
I use that field for my own custom tags for classifying songs, so I miss not being able to search by Remixer!

Thanks,
AV

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 1:04 pm
I still have my remix column:

Maybe it's a license thing, I'm not sure... Are you using a LE license or a Home Plus license?

Here is the feature comparison chart for the licenses, and if you are using a LE license, I guess that could be the reason
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/comparison.html

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 2:59 pm
he said remixer not remix 2 separate fields

have a look in tag editor

also he has a controller license so i don't believe it has those browser limitations you mentioned

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 3:06 pm
wickedmix wrote :
he said remixer not remix 2 separate fields
have a look in take editor

Oh, yes - sorry - but that one is also on my browser column dropdown, and can be enabled:

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 3:27 pm
yeah but you can't add it to the searchable fields have a look in the drop down. not sure if you could in the past but you can not right now in latest early access build.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 3:52 pm
wickedmix wrote :
yeah but you can't add it to the searchable fields have a look in the drop down. not sure if you could in the past but you can not right now in latest early access build.

I don't think you ever could
I've just tested with current versions, and older versions like b3994, b3889 and b3514 (which is from 2016-11-10) - none of those have Remixer in the search dropdown

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 4:07 pm
Yes, the browser column menu has a much bigger selection than the search field menu. The search fields do cover the most commonly searched for fields though. Personally I don't think I've ever had a search fail because the field wasn't listed.

IMO having both remix and remixer isn't strictly necessary, as most remixes are named after the remixer. Any exceptions, well you can modify the remix tag to include the remixers name!

Custom tags should be put elsewhere.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 4:58 pm
An update for anyone who might be interested- the Remixer field has reappeared in my Search fields list! I'm using v8.2 b4291. Thanks for the help!

Posted Sun 13 May 18 @ 8:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It was added in that build. It had never been there before.

Posted Sun 13 May 18 @ 8:25 am
But yet again something else added that's not in the changelog.

How are people supposed to keep up with changes if they don't know they are there?

Posted Sun 13 May 18 @ 10:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)