Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MCX8000 mapping edit

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all just a couple of quick questions if anyone can help as I am not so good at changing the code for multiple shift options.

On the pads you can change page/banks for the key options on the pads as explained in the manual here :
Hold SHIFT and then use the PARAMETER buttons to select a different page/bank with different key semitone values

I would like to do the same for sampler and hot cues if anyone knows a quick edit that would be fantastic :)

Also off to look now but if anyone knows the shortcut on this to change between linein/timecode fast that would be awesome.

Cheers all and sorry if this has been asked before not come up on my search off to read more of the manual have a great weekend.

Posted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 4:48 pm
I am thinking something like this for timecode/linein but no idea how to make it work
DECK_1_SEL deck 1 leftdeck var shift get hastimecode ? timecode_bypass : get hasmic ? linein 'mic' : linein

For deck 1 and 2

I cannot see an option for the first question in the mapping so no idea how I would change pages to add more cues and samples hoping I have missed something.

Posted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 5:18 pm

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 9:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Install these 2 Pads pages
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80756
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80757

Then you need to edit the fallowing keys in the mapping of the MCX8000
CUES_MODE... pad_page 'hotcues 16'
SAMPLER_MODE.... pad_page 'sampler 16' & pad_pressure_switch off
SAMPLERVEL_MODE... pad_page 'sampler 16' & pad_pressure_switch on

The Hotcues 16 Pad page provides Hotcues 1 to 8 and 9 to 16 in 2 Banks, selected with Param buttons
The Sampler 16 Pad page provides Samples 1 to 8 and Samples 9 to 16 in 2 "banks" with SHIFT+Param buttons (Parameter 2)

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 10:31 am
You guys are awesome thank you off to get it sorted much respect have an wicked day cause youve made mine :D

Posted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 11:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)