Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recording Not Working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys. Just noticed this issue today. I have used the record function to record mixes for years but for some reason today it is not working. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I have a podcast I am trying to produce but no luck since it shows "waiting for sound" even though sound is playing. HELP!

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 1:57 am
It works fine on my setup
I've just tested it with the Early Access build 4251 that was released yesterday

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 5:04 am
hammerz103 wrote :
but no luck since it shows "waiting for sound" even though sound is playing. HELP!

1) Tell us which controller you use and if possible please post a screenshot of your sound setup
2) You can bypass the "waiting for sound" message by changing your recording preferences. However this doesn't necessarily means that you will actually record anything but dead air depending on your setup.

Edit:
It seems that you use a SX2 on MAC ?
If so, do you need to record your MIC ?
Do you have DVS mode of SX2 enabled ?

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 8:00 am
but no luck since it shows "waiting for sound" even though sound is playing. HELP!

The controller I'm using the DDJ sx2

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 2:58 pm
And I tried it without the control they did the same exact thing saying please wait for the sound to play but the sound is already playing

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 2:59 pm

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 3:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ will record the "record" assigned input channel, and if not specified, it will record the "master" assigned output.
When not controller is connected, and a "record" input was specified in your previous setup, you may need to manually delete the "record" line in the audio setup.
Best is to create a sound setup with your built in sound card as master and without any record line, save it and then recall it each time you use VDJ without your controller

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 4:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)