Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My wedding setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok here’s a quick clip of my setup,

Tell me what’s wrong with it??

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 12:50 am
Nice.....

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 1:35 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I think it´s Pro !

But my self have some problem when I use monitors and/or projectors on some gigs, the people doesnt like to much of visuals ! ?
I´ve had costumers told me to shutdown projectors some times :(

I personaly like visuals but some like more of the lightning efx, and I can see that you "could" use more efx ;)

What feedback do you get from your customers ?

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 3:57 am
Personally for me I only take out projectors and monitors when customers request it. Because that's a whole different price range. I would always let my customers know I offer it but once again that's only if they requested and want it. That way you should not have that problem with them asking you to shut it down.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 5:11 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
You´re right ;)

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 2:54 pm
Thanks for the feedback and yes TVs are an upcharge so they only come out if they ask for them along with uplighting

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 6:41 pm
Obviously the client knew about the video aspect, he's a video DJ. You don't give two monitors on truss for free. All of my clients know that I'm a video DJ, and am not interested in just playing music alone. If a client can't afford the video package, but they are still paying full price, I give them one monitor for free. I also let them know that there will be no charge when they see it. When they see their name and wedding logo on the screen, I can see my tip going up (I have had a couple of cheap bastards, but that's life) .

I have never had a client tell me to turn off the free monitor. This is also an advertisement for my company. As a video DJ, this setup looks great to me. It looks like you have the room for the spread away from your façade, but I would have liked to see the whole room. I also would have liked to see the cable management for the monitors and speakers. I hate un-taped cables, unless they were completely hidden behind the curtains. Again, this looks like something I would do. What size are your monitors?

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 6:53 pm
Awesome!!

Well in all honesty this was the first time we’ve setup this setup.

A friend of ours works at a Convention hall and said there was a room open so we had five hours to play around and set things up and check out different things as well as take new pictures and videos of the set up one posted above was just a quick one I took with my phone.

The TVs are 55” Got them for $419 from Walmart

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 7:06 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Wrong song. Should've been Eiffel 65 - Blue.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:27 am
makes me want to go back to doing weddings and private parties again ( I still miss it sometimes)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 12:45 pm
PachN wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Wrong song. Should've been Eiffel 65 - Blue.

Yes!! Lmmfao

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 1:39 pm
LSL50 wrote :
makes me want to go back to doing weddings and private parties again ( I still miss it sometimes)

It’s a lot of work but the money is worth it.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 1:39 pm
So this was not an actual wedding, just a photo opt?

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:06 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
So this was not an actual wedding, just a photo opt?

Correct sir.

Posted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 1:35 am
So I just took another look, to see the lighting and noticed your façade. Is that a Novopro? If so, how do you like it? What are you using on the lighting bar?

Posted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 5:07 am
Yup that’s the Novopro and it’s pretty easy to setup and I think it’s looks pretty good. I wish the aluminum was a little thicker gauge so you have to watch and make sure not to over tighten things. It’s pretty sturdy and we have both black and white skrims depending on the event will determine the color we use.

For the lights I have a Gigbar 2.0 with another set of Derby’s and a set of other lights (can’t remember the name off the top of my head). We also have moving heads but didn’t set them up for the videos.

I haven’t programmed everything yet to work with Sound Switch but I’ve been working on that.

As for sound, we have JBL powered everything. A set of 18’s with four 15” tops (only had 2 tops in the video).

And then we’re using the set of 50” TVs for videos, slideshows or whatever the client wants.

Posted Sat 14 Apr 18 @ 5:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)