Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New Karaoke Key Change Feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

So excited to see that karaoke features are getting added to VirtualDJ! If this effort keeps up, it might actually compete with the professional hosting software that's out there--VDJ already has more core features, but lacking things like singer/venue history (which has been added) always made it kind of a kludge to work with. Keep up the good work, and let's see this previously back-burner feature set grow! :)

The new feature in the 4204 changelog ("save key change in karaoke history") and available column in the karaoke screen ("Key Change") implies that I should be able to store the key change ahead of time, and have it loaded when I drag a song up from the karaoke list or when the karaoke feature loads that singer's song. But I can't for the life of me figure out where to adjust the field. Nothing is different in the Singer name entry screen (which is where I would expect to find this field). Is this "key change" feature ONLY available if you drag a song from a karaoke history list?

Also, where do I sign up for the Early Access program? I'd love to beta test new karaoke features and provide feedback.

Thanks for your time!

Eric

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 5:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You cannot manually set it before loading.
So you just change the key when the song is on the deck.
Then this change will be logged in the karaoke history.
When you drag a song later from the singer history to the karaoke list, the key change will be applied automatically when the song is loaded to the deck (using karaoke mode)

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 10:46 pm
Thank you for the clarification. Being able to set it ahead of time, as well as having it apply when the song is dragged (not just in karaoke mode) would be very nice to have. Should I make a separate post in Wish List?

Posted Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 12:14 am
+1 Great new feature. Glad to see the continuous improvements to VDJ Karaoke.

Posted Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 1:33 pm
elindsey wrote :
Thank you for the clarification. Being able to set it ahead of time, as well as having it apply when the song is dragged (not just in karaoke mode) would be very nice to have. Should I make a separate post in Wish List?

Would love this feature also.

Posted Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 5:09 pm
OK, just to make sure I fully understand the "key change" note on the singer edit window. The key change is only applied when Karaoke mode is on. The key change is not applied if loaded manually from the karaoke side list. It would be nice to have it applied in karaoke mode or if loaded from the karaoke sidelist.

Still appreciating the changes guys! Great Work!

v8.2 b4251

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 7:07 pm
With V8 b4251 when in karaoke mode (don't have to play anything) I get VirtualDJ has stopped responding when closing VDJ down.

Also I think there is a problem if you have played a song long enough to be added to history and then you change the singer name or key, it apparently has a problem writing the database. Then next time you run VDJ it complains could not open database.

I can't think of anything nice to say about any part of karaoke in VDJ so I won't say anything :)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 8:28 pm
Love the key change in singer list from new build, thank you!

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 12:04 am
Don Moir wrote :
With V8 b4251 when in karaoke mode (don't have to play anything) I get VirtualDJ has stopped responding when closing VDJ down.

Don, out of curiosity have you tried deactivating video before closing VDJ? Karaoke or not, I've noticed that VDJ has real issues handling video changes. For instance, when UAC displays a prompt, I find that VDJ freezes permanently, 100% of the time, on Windows 7 and 8.1. Disabling the video before the UAC prompt displays allows VDJ to recover normally.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 6:58 am
If I click the karaoke mode button it's going to happen here. Does not matter if I turn the video off... Only happens when clicking karaoke button and not when normal video or any plugin plays.

I don't care personally but I thought just maybe someone would like to know :)

Does not happen in build 4204. I tried removing settings and database and did not matter.

Has anyone else tried it? I am on win7 and it happens every time. Only happens with b4251.

I do know that screen changes can cause failures and they should fix them but should fix lots of other things too.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 8:57 am
RCBAudio wrote :
OK, just to make sure I fully understand the "key change" note on the singer edit window. The key change is only applied when Karaoke mode is on. The key change is not applied if loaded manually from the karaoke side list. It would be nice to have it applied in karaoke mode or if loaded from the karaoke sidelist.

v8.2 b4251

When I tried it this weekend the key change was not applied even when running in Karaoke mode.

Posted Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:19 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
RCBAudio wrote :

v8.2 b4251

When I tried it this weekend the key change was not applied even when running in Karaoke mode.

You are right. I tried it again last night and it was not applied. Having it do so would be nice; but at least it reminds me. Hopefully a future build will get this corrected.

Posted Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 1:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I checked again, and when using karaoke mode it is applied for me.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 11:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)