Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: It looks like Pulselocker may be coming back

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 10:25 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The beatport catalog as a streaming service would be amazing

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 11:22 am
The way it reads to me (from the web, not the DDJT article) is that Beatport are merely going to use the technology behind Pulselocker to offer the Beatport library for rented streaming access within DJ software, not bring back Pulselocker as it was before, with their millions of tracks in all genres, from all decades.

If so, that's a shame. It's clear from the many regular posts on here that DJs would like a rental streaming that covers all bases, not just dance/club music.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 11:40 am
groovindj wrote :
The way it reads to me (from the web, not the DDJT article) is that Beatport are merely going to use the technology behind Pulselocker to offer the Beatport library for rented streaming access within DJ software, not bring back Pulselocker as it was before, with their millions of tracks in all genres, from all decades.

If so, that's a shame. It's clear from the many regular posts on here that DJs would like a rental streaming that covers all bases, not just dance/club music.

I had pulselocker for two seperate trial periods, and I din't find it was millions of tracks from all decades
I found it to be much like iDJPool with a smallish added selection of older tracks
(And also live versions and cover versions, which kind of messed things up a little)

Posted Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 12:35 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
I had pulselocker for two seperate trial periods

Ditto - but their library was quite broad in terms of genres and decades, compared to e.g. iDJPool or DJ City etc.

It was their implementation of searching that was poor. When you searched for a track by name, it wouldn't be top of the list, but buried half way down - and as you say, the covers and alternative versions weren't listed as such.

I just had a look at DJ City (a user in another thread was asking about it). The best known track by The Weeknd wasn't on there, and they only had one of his three new entries on the UK chart this week. A search for Madonna showed they only had one track, and it was a bootleg mix.

Pools in general seem very poor IMO compared to the consumer services - and even they have gaps, with 50 million tracks in their library!

Posted Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 12:56 pm
It's all about licensing agreements. Remember when Taylor Swift boycotted Spotify?

Posted Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 7:06 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
It's all about licensing agreements. Remember when Taylor Swift boycotted Spotify?

Those were the days
Now she releases stuff on Spotify-only

Posted Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 10:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)