Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ T1 Mapping VDJ 7 Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all I'm still trying to sort an issue out for a friend - he has a Pioneer DDJ T1 controller and is using VDJ 7 Pro. I've downloaded the mapping file for the controller from the download pages on here and put it into his VDJ root folder / mapping on his laptop. When I open vdj / config on his screen and look at the mapping options I'm not seeing the controller or any other option to select the mapping file - Am I missing something simple here or can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get this to work.

Many thanks as always !

Paul

Posted Mon 26 Mar 18 @ 8:49 pm
The mapping is for VDJ 8.

Posted Mon 26 Mar 18 @ 9:08 pm
doh ! lol I can't believe I didn't notice that one - thanks again Groovin - I will see if I can get a 7 version for him

Posted Mon 26 Mar 18 @ 9:32 pm
anyone please help me pioneer ddj t1 mappers for virtual dj

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 11:53 am
Please read the earlier posts in this thread. You will also need to buy a license.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 11:59 am
I did mean to ask back on this thread re the ver 8 mapper. (my friend has now up graded to 8 Pro) I downloaded the mapper "http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&filter=8&search=T1". Reading in the comments on the download it says it will automatically put the definition file into devices folder and mapper file into mapper folder - however the file "install_pioneerddjt1enhancedcontrollermapperv8" does nothing when double clicked any ideas on this i.e. it does not seem to be a download package - just a file?

Thanks Paul

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 12:14 pm
What OS ? And what browser ?
Try to use Chrome to download the file

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 12:24 pm
Hi thanks for the reply - he's using Win 10 although I'm not sure what the browser is on his machine as I just transferred the file over to him from my Pc Win 7 with IE. I will try downloading directly on his machine to see if that works unless there are any other fixes for this.

Thanks again Paul

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 12:32 pm
Ok - so I've managed to get the download package onto his machine using Chrome (thanks for the tip Phantom).

I ran the file and it stated installation successful however it only placed a file in the devices folder, the mappers folder was empty. I opened VDJ and it detected a new controller and it was showing up on the controller settings in VDJ however there were no keys listed below i.e. it was showing it as the current mapper but nothing had been mapped.

Am I right in thinking there should be a file in the VDJ root mapping folder as well as the devices folder?

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 4:42 pm
Yes, fully functional mapping requires both files.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 5:18 pm
Thanks Groovin ... ok so I've now run this file on my own machine and even though it states installation successful it only puts a zipped file in the devices folder with nothing in the mapper folder. If I un-zip the file I then get 3 files
2 xml - ' Pioneer DDJ-T1 HIDdef ' and ' Pioneer DDJ-T1 mapping v8.0 ' plus a text doc detailing the keys mapped.

The text doc states if the installation goes ok it will put a file in each of the devices and mappers folders and
the mappers screen will say ' Pioneer DDJ-T1 by Zacek100 v8.x ' which of course in this case it doesn't. so unless the original file on the VDJ download page is corrupted I'm lossed as to why this won't work?

help lol !!

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 6:22 pm
you could unzip it and place the files there manually after all that is all this installer does.

7zip extracts the files fine for me :-)

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 6:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VDJ can read from zip just fine, so no need to extract anything. If the zip is in the devices folder vdj will find it.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 7:12 pm
Thanks for the replies guys - Adion in response to your message the zip file is indeed in the devices folder and upon opening VDJ settings/controllers it does show the controller as the current mapping file so as you say it is seeing it - the issue is there are no keys listed as being mapped which is what led me to believe there should also be a file in the root mappers folder.

Also just to confirm this is what is stated in the instructions of the download as per my earlier post above.

Wicked - I did try that re manually putting the files into each folder but again no joy although should these files be zipped in each folder ?

I appreciate everyone's help on this - I only tried to help a friend and persuaded him to use VDJ who was using Serato as I said it would be easy to sort out for him lol !!

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 8:38 pm
no they do not need to be zipped

i have loads of plain xml files in my mappers that work fine

i unzipped and looked inside the mapping xml file all looks to be there you may open your copy (in notepad) and see if by chance its blank maybe a bad download?

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 8:59 pm
ahh thanks Wicked good suggestion re notepad I'll have a look in a mo

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 9:10 pm
Well I've looked in both xml files and they seem to have the right stuff in them - well they are not blank anyway. I will try again on the pc I'm helping with to see if its a prob with that and get back with the results - unless there are any other suggestions on a fix for this.

Thanks all

Posted Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 10:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)