Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: default vdj tablet mode skin for touchscreen tablets 9 inch or bigger

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, just a couple of things to improve your default touch screen for tablets.
First of all GOOD that VDJ actually has a tablet touch screen that works!!!!
Serato does NOT have that .
BUT,
Your jogwheel/platters for turntables /tablets too SMALL! make it like 25-50% BIGGER ,take out the 6 hotcue buttons on each side and replace them with bigger platters . This can be especially useful for small 9 inch screens.

Your 8 pads for hotcues way too small make them huge! Put those pad selector/parameters boxes on each side of the pads and make them horizontal under the pads. Stretch out the hotcue pads to fill the space left so touchscreen users have enough space for drumming,like on a sampler pad. On a 10.1 inch tablet each pad should be at least 1 inch in size to be able to bang / drum on them easily

Also, please,please make those 7 vertical skin panel commands on each side of the skin midi mappable (assign each command to whatever keyboard key you choose) for anyone using a keyboard. It is very hard to map them currently.(at least for me)

You also need touch screen buttons for time code mode (line,relative absolute and smart) for each deck and clone deck

The eq skin panel sliders screen is excellent for touch screen, very nice touch but no reset back to 0 for each slider,but the circles eq panel does

Finally why does tablet default mode only have 2 decks? SERIOUSLY,you need to have a touchscreen deck selector like the default 6 deck mode (no you do NOT need to have 4- 6 jog wheels spinning on the screen at the same time,too confusing) but a deck selector to switch between decks.so you can, say have to decks one and two playing turntables(controllers etc) and the other decks on internal mode ( have loops /samples playing on the other decks so you can do some serious master mixes LIVE.

Posted Mon 26 Feb 18 @ 7:13 pm

Posted Mon 26 Feb 18 @ 8:13 pm
I already have that one,not quite. The default tablet skin still needs to be modified

Posted Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 2:29 am
rechecked the multi touch screen skin like you mentioned, it has everything needed but needs to be modified . Bigger pads like stated and can the spinners be modified to a different solid color instead of the records,like white with a black line position marker. Basically can the colours be changed then it would be fine.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 5:54 pm
Dj Dad.... need your expert touch man!!!!

Posted Sun 04 Mar 18 @ 6:32 pm
and change the time to standard not military time

Posted Wed 29 Aug 18 @ 10:38 pm
Exactly what I want to the tablet mode skin... I used DVS timecode set up.. I like the Tablet mode too and I like the bigger jogwheels on it.. perfect for my visual in my timecode vinyl. Also please make some option to change the gridView browser in Tablet mode change it to what in the default skin browser. So... yea, tablet skin needs to be modified. :)

Posted Mon 10 Sep 18 @ 3:41 pm

Posted Sun 07 Oct 18 @ 9:18 pm
Me ha surgido la idea de crear una turntable con una tableta grafica XP-Pen Star G640 ( https://www.xp-pen.es/product/236.html ) .

Colocando una caja encima de la tableta y el lapiz que vaya sujeto al
'vinyl' por debajo, solamente cuando se de presion con la mano sobre
el 'vynil' el lapiz harĂ¡ contacto con la tableta, y se producira el scratch.

Claro que el puntero del mouse debe estar sobre el vynil del virtual dj.
Cualquier sugerencia sera bienvenida...

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 6:44 am
VDJ Rob G, I will accept your offer pm me so I can send what ideas I got in skin builder software. The skin I made with the .XML and .PNG files .

I think a LOT of djs using touch screens will love this one (Djdad ,you too, man. Your touch is needed.

Posted Sat 16 Nov 19 @ 4:37 pm
I got tired of waiting for a response so I made one myself, just look in skins forum under "Turntablist touchscreen for tablets" take a peek. PM me or VDJ staff to get one.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 19 @ 1:37 pm
it seems VDJ staff has removed the "turntablist touchscreen for tablets" post and link, thats unfortunate, since every dj so far that has used it with VDJ on a touch screen/ tablet with turntables and control vinyl loves it . Everything that is needed for live turntablist performance is right there one one screen, with no frills. If ANYONE wants one PM me for the link. I may even do a you tube video soon to show the skin in action.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 12:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)