Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: APC40 mapping issue VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Currently having more issues than I expected when changing from vdj7 to vdj8 using my APC40.

Initially i did not want to swap while all the bugs were worked out of 8 as well as my mapping was reacting vastly different between the two versions. I decided to continue using 7 to finish out the gigs I had for 2017.

I made the decision to test it out again after playing with the new "factory default" mapping VDJ has created for the APC40 and loving some of the features that are now mapped.
That being said, the factory default mapping leaves much to be desired as it is missing basic functions (ie deck volumes) and also is not completely mapped even to the PDF used as reference.
For instance, the crossfader is not even mapped in the default although it's function is listed in the manual. Same goes for the "Play" and "stop" functions. I remapped these myself according to the defaults in the manual. No problem really there.
Other issues include the track selection 4 knob not responding at all even when remapped. Works if I clear mapping and make it do something else. Also the LED ring lights do not all function the same. 1&2 are full circles (as expected) but the other 6 are all only partials. I cannot find where I can edit the device mapping to fix these things as there are no default devices anywhere I can locate.

I have one infinite rotary knob (cue_vol) which I used to use as a jogwheel in Vdj7 but it will not respond to mapping it as such now. I cannot seem to map jogwheel to either of my controllers. Akai APC40 and Behringer CMD DC-1. The DC-1 having an entirely different set of mapping issues ranging from defaults missing buttons to mapping not responding properly.

I spent a very long time designing and coding my custom template for my APC40 and am beyond disappointed that I cannot get my mapping imported into VDJ8. I put my definition file and mapping xml into the same folder they were in on 7. I was able to turn off the default controller listing for vdj8 and it "sees" my controller definition (button namings are completely different so I know it's my definition) but it does not see my custom template.
I'm ok if I'm not able to utilize my older mapping since the new default has some tricks coded in that I am in love with. Mainly the paging stuff between sampler and pad functions. What I can't love with is the mapper not doing what it's supposed to. Even in default. Not sure if this is something I can edit myself or if it is on VDJ software side. If I have to just stick with 7 so I can have my controllers functioning properly than I will but I was really wanting to use the new system with all the new features. Please advise.

PS. I know it's not my APC40 as I can use it in Vdj7 with the same functionality as I had previously.

PSS. I will bring up my other issues with the Behringer controller in a separate post.

Posted Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 3:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 26 Feb 18 @ 12:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)