Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: L.PREP Tweak Denon MC7000 Browser MOD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wasn't happy with the browser section so remapped it. 1 of my longer strings so far.

LOAD_PREP
browser_window 'songs' ? Holding ? browser_window 'automix' : playlist_add : browser_remove

How it works.
1. Pressing L.PREP in the songs browser loads the song in to the Sidelist/Automix
2. Pressing and holding L.PREP Enters the Sidelist/Automix (only if in the song window)
3. Pressing L.PREP in the sidelist browser removes the song from the Sidelist/Automix

Flows perfectly, except I'd like L.PREP press and hold to work the same if in the folders list too. I tried the basic '&' command but it doesn't work here. Help appreciated. Leave the Shift L.PREP as is, toggles the sidelist into view.

Don't forget to add LED_LOAD_PREP = browser_window 'sideview' so it lights up when in the sidelist browser. I'd love to make this flash when pressed not in the sidelist, some other buttons too.

I also changed PANEL to the Song browser, with zoom and scroll top, FILE to the File browser. With each button lighting up depending on which browser you are in, scrolling through nicely for an excellent visual reference.
AREA = browser_folder
LED_AREA = browser_window 'folders'
PANEL = holding ? browser_scroll 'top' : browser_window 'songs' & browser_zoom
LED_PANEL = browser_window 'songs'

And, finally... My favourite! to quickly swap back to the track you previously loaded.
BACK = Holding ? undo_load : browser_folder

Any feedback, comments, improvements, what i might be doing wrong is extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 18 @ 12:17 am
And yes there's still a slight issue in the Denon MC7000 MIDI. Shift PANEL registers as Shift BROWSER_PUSH. The LED too. This means if you want the PANEL LED to stay on when pressing shift, if in the Panel browser, like the FILE button does in the Folders browser or the L.PREP button does in the Sidelist browser. Map in... LED_BROWSER_PUSH = Browser_folder 'songs'.

It's not a huge issue but hopefully Denon will address this in a future firmware. I don't think many people noticed for it to be seen as important.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 18 @ 12:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)