Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help with POI's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, being only relatively new to DJ'ing, I am in need of some one to bounce some thoughts off, and get a bit of direction perhaps.
I have the new Reloop Touch, and am starting to set up my music library with POI's. (Massive task!).
I have read some articles and forum posts about setting up HotCues and have used that info to help formulate how I think I want to set mine up. But now I am thinking there may be a better way? What I have started to do is set colour coded hotcues for the start of, Intro, Intro (stage 2), verse, chorus, bridge, breaks, Outro 8 bars to go, Outro 4 bars to go. By doing this I have as many as 13 Hotcues, meaning I have to go into page 2 of the hot cues, I would rather keep it to maximum of 8 to not have to use the second page, just easier. For most, at least to start off I will just set intro and outro's, for mixing in and mixing out. Then I can add more when and if I need them, for the majority of music I probably won't. But for the songs that I want to mash up or remix I am doing the lot now.
I have had a thought as I am going through this process and trying out mixing the songs a bit as I go.
That maybe I am better off separating my HotCues, Split them up into HotCues, Remix Points, Saved Loops, etc.
I don't know what other DJ's, experienced with VDJ are doing in this regard but would be very keen to know.
I am thinking I will perhaps put in the HotCues page, mainly the Intros and outro's, and any other optional mix in or out cues.
Then in Remix Points, I place the remaining Cues, verse, chorus, bridge, break, and any other remix POI's.
And in Saved Loops, obviously, any loops.

What do you think?
Keen to hear you thoughts on the matter:)
Cheers,
Ken.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 11:13 pm
Well since there have been no replies, I have proceeded as mentioned above:

I am thinking I will perhaps put in the HotCues page, mainly the Intros and outro's, and any other optional mix in or out cues.
Then in Remix Points, I place the remaining Cues, verse, chorus, bridge, break, and any other remix POI's.
And in Saved Loops, obviously, any loops.

This I expect is the intention of having separate Hotcues, Remix Points, Loops, Etc.
I am expecting this will work ok for me.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 1:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)