Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SUJET VIRTUAL DJ 8.2 WON'T SAVE SETTINGS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I get a message that Virtual DJ has updated and would like to use it. Sure! Why not...

I'm using the NS73 controller and use Serato for mixing at my gigs. I should add that I absolutely love Virtual DJ but the transition into a more hands on controller was not streamlined using Virtual DJ and so with hesitation, I made the switch to Serato. My new controller was completely mapped out in Serato and Djing was very nice. There were some features that I did not like about Serato, but I got comfortable with it. Now back to the subject.

Since switching to Serato, I still use Virtual DJ for playlists, cocktail mixes, and dinner mixes because I love the fade options in autoplay.

Since my computer has updated to the new Virtual, it will not save settings. I should say the settings are saved, but it doesn't follow them.

For instance, I want it to ignore the NS7... every time I open Virtual it jumps to control the NS7. If I go into settings, they are still set to ignore. I reset back to factory... save. Now it has full control of NS7... now switch to ignore... and save. It now will ignore the NS7 until I reopen the program again.

One of the other things I've noticed is that the Tool Tip pops up every time I open Virtual. I've clicked no on it... i check settings, it's still set to No tool tip, yet it opens every time. Very frustrating going in and resetting all the settings every time I open the program.

Is anyone having these same issues? Is anyone using Virtual in the same capacity and having similar problems. Like I stated, this just recently started when Virtual updated.

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 11:52 am
so your using Virtual DJ in a profession capacity without a license?

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 12:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dont think that it has to do with any VirtualDJ update. Most likely settings cant be saved due to write permissions.
Check the read/write properties - permissions of the /Documents/VirtualDJ folder.

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 12:12 pm
kencatPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Yes it will

I found many problems with Virtual DJ over the last couple of years to the point I've changed laptops for high end gaming machines etc.

Here are some of the problems and many of you will associate with them.

1. High CPU usage >80%
2. High Windows explorer usage
3. Settings not being saved
4. Playlists go missing
5. 15mins startup times
6. Won't change folders

All equals never ending frustration "I hate VDJ" ARRRGGHHH

Then one day it all STOPPED. It was like magic!

So what changed?? Well I read in one of the forums about high cpu usage and the guy, instead of "trying" to make it work, let it do its own Windows thing and it fixed itself. I did that too for 4 days. It worked then it went back to the same life threatening problems (for the laptop that is

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 10:07 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
kencat wrote :
Yes it will

I found many problems with Virtual DJ over the last couple of years to the point I've changed laptops for high end gaming machines etc.

Here are some of the problems and many of you will associate with them.

1. High CPU usage >80%
2. High Windows explorer usage
3. Settings not being saved
4. Playlists go missing
5. 15mins startup times
6. Won't change folders

All equals never ending frustration "I hate VDJ" ARRRGGHHH

Then one day it all STOPPED. It was like magic!

So what changed?? Well I read in one of the forums about high cpu usage and the guy, instead of "trying" to make it work, let it do its own Windows thing and it fixed itself. I did that too for 4 days. It worked then it went back to the same life threatening problems (for the laptop that is

I have i5 for laptop ( 6. gen- U procesor )

1. Video ..15-25%
2. Where problems
3. Every save last setting
4. I Have all playlist and all history
5. about 3sec ( yes SSD ) 5 sec with HDD
6. why change folder ? So try clean database ;)

your symptoms say, your laptop is not fit or you VDJ is cracked .

Posted Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 10:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)