Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Deezer Error when analyze too many tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If too many songs are analyzed the account locks up giving the message "you need a deezer premium+ account", a number of songs would analyze it then skips the rest and it takes maybe 20-30 minutes before I can continue analyzing or load a track successfully.

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 10:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why would you want to analyze a lot of deezer tracks?

Posted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 10:23 am
For tracks to be sorted in BPM order... you know that! Will there be a fix to this?

Posted Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 6:17 am
DJDonchino wrote :
For tracks to be sorted in BPM order... you know that! Will there be a fix to this?

I'm not sure, but this is probably a Deezer limitation on your account type (it's certainly not a bug with a need for a fix, since it's clearly the intended behavior)

It would make sense that Deezer don't want their servers to be hit by a lot of streaming request for tracks that are not being played, meaning that the requests come much more rapidly than they would if you were actually playing the tracks (or parts of them in a mix)

If that is the case I don't think there is much to be done about it in VDJ

Posted Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 12:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The only thing we can do is limit the rate at which deezer tracks are analyzed, which i will add.
That should at least prevent from locking you out from loading tracks on the deck.

Posted Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 1:38 pm
Thanks for looking into this, I contacted Deezer a few weeks ago about it. They told me I shouldn't recieve the error and they thought it had something to do with VDJ.

Posted Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 3:57 pm
Hello I would like to share Deezer response, they think the "error is on Virtual DJ site, as they are using our API" (from Florian)

Posted Mon 20 Nov 17 @ 12:17 pm
With this new update the rate at which Deezer analyze songs are way too slow. It will take a few days to analyze a folder at this rate. I'm so glad I did most of them before this update, can I adjust the speed? It's been nearly 20 minutes and it only analyzed probably about 8 songs. Maybe a rate of around 10 songs per minute will prevent the lockout. Thanks for looking into this but it still needs to be more productive.

The next deezer fix I'm waiting on are for folders to be saved in the order they are arranged.

Also for unscanned tracks to show up in the unscanned filter folder or an option to find all unscanned tracks easily instead of going to each folder.

Posted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 11:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)