Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: After The Upgrade - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I drag music to my playlist and nothing will play. And it's playable to my media player. I tried Relocate missing file... it's working. But when I shut off my vdj and switch it back, again file is missing. I tied clicking the database mising. still the same. needs helps.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 17 @ 7:27 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
try click on "add to search DB" on the music folder. see if that help?

Posted Sat 30 Sep 17 @ 2:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are those files located to an external Hard Drive or Internal ?
Relocate missing files for Playlists is not a permanent procedure if not mistaken (VDJ doesnt change the paths in the m3u files)
Perhaps you could open one of those "missing" files with Tag Editor and see if the path VDJ is trying to look for the track is valid.
If not (which is probably the case), you could batch edit your m3u files (use Notepad++, google it) or try to save your "refreshed" Playlists with a new name

Posted Mon 02 Oct 17 @ 6:17 am
Sorry for my Late Reply!

Some are in my External HardDrive and some are in my laptop HardDrive. I do not have a issues before I will try to erase my Database and install a Fresh Start. Let me see if it's works to me. Thank you guys for quick responses!

Posted Fri 06 Oct 17 @ 8:44 pm
Hello again. I am still going buggy. I looked in the wiki for an answer, no luck there. Again, i know these songs were moved wrong to begin with, but they will not get "relocated" and stay relocated. VDJ isn't keeping my item by item corrections. Fresh Start, didn't work. Still...looking for a solution! Thanks very much

Posted Sat 14 Oct 17 @ 6:57 am
I am gonna try this one by: PachN

(If it's the same folder structure, VDJ should be able to recognise your files. Even if the drive letter changed.
But that is not an automated process. The filepath is corrected if you browse a folder.

If you just copied your files to a new hdd, opened VDJ and searched for a song, it might not load.

So please do the following:

On the left folder browser in VDJ select your root folder where your music is stored on the new hdd. Do a rightclick and select recurse.
Now search for a song again and drag it to a deck.

Does it load?)

Posted Sat 14 Oct 17 @ 7:28 am
renzauce wrote :
I am gonna try this one by: PachN

(If it's the same folder structure, VDJ should be able to recognise your files. Even if the drive letter changed.
But that is not an automated process. The filepath is corrected if you browse a folder.

If you just copied your files to a new hdd, opened VDJ and searched for a song, it might not load.

So please do the following:

On the left folder browser in VDJ select your root folder where your music is stored on the new hdd. Do a rightclick and select recurse.
Now search for a song again and drag it to a deck.

Does it load?)

No Luck =(

Posted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 5:19 am
Hello guys! I am switching VDJn 7.4 till this things fix. I tried this version and it's looks like I don't have a problem at all. I hope they could find a solution or development for VDJ 8.2. Thank you guys!!! =)

Posted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 5:21 am
it works in vdj 7 and not in vdj 8 tells me that your MP3 files might be DRM protected.

vdj 7 can play DRM files but removed in vdj 8.

Posted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 10:53 am
That's a valid point, but the OP hasn't given enough info for us to know whether the upgrade he mentioned was from 7 to 8, or just a build update of 8.

Also he mentioned that files were missing, which is nothing to do with DRM.

Posted Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 12:08 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
it works in vdj 7 and not in vdj 8 tells me that your MP3 files might be DRM protected.

vdj 7 can play DRM files but removed in vdj 8.

Thank you for letting me know. But it's not protected according to the details (properties). It's playable in media player =)

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 6:00 am
I don't know, are these files DRM protected or not? Where did you get these files? What build number of version 8.2 are you using. When you said that you upgraded, was it from 7 to 8, or 8 to another version of 8? Please answer all of these questions.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 6:11 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
I don't know, are these files DRM protected or not? Where did you get these files? What build number of version 8.2 are you using. When you said that you upgraded, was it from 7 to 8, or 8 to another version of 8? Please answer all of these questions.

I am using 8.2 build 3954 right now. Prior that I used 8.2 older version and not been updated for a quite long time until I decide to update. I don't have problem back then. Then I tried a fresh start...same problem. Then I tried the VDJ7... no issues.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 6:36 am

I don't know, are these files DRM protected or not?
All my files is not protected. Playable in media player, itunes

Where did you get these files?
Funkymix, SelectMix, Xmix, etc... (Some are working, some are missing file - need to relocate but it won't save)

What build number of version 8.2 are you using.
I am using 8.2 build 3954 right now.

When you said that you upgraded, was it from 7 to 8, or 8 to another version of 8?
Another version of 8.2 but i don't know what build. Then I tried to use 7.4, no issues at all.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 6:54 am
If you right click one of these tracks, select tag editor, at the bottom does it give you a file path or does it give an error file can't be found, or something like that?

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 9:24 am
If you right click one of these tracks, select tag editor, at the bottom does it give you a file path or does it give an error file can't be found, or something like that?

If you right click one of these tracks, select tag editor...

Okay, right click, Tag editor

at the bottom does it give you a file path or does it give an error file can't be found, or something like that?
Yes Error Opening File

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 9:58 am
Same file, but this file I am gonna use the Windows Media Player to play the track.. No issues. The music track is playable. File size is available

IMAGE1]

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 10:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you copy the entire file path and file name here?
It looks like it's quite long.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 10:12 am
Adion wrote :
Could you copy the entire file path and file name here?
It looks like it's quite long.

The other track is quite long file path but can be played and readable (same folder)

Then next track cannot able to play or error file (same folder)

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 10:23 am
This time I relocate the track after I got the error message. I double click the track to load on a deck, then you will see error. Then right click, relocate file and it will fixed. But the thing is... this will not save the file or even you write a tag, if you shutdown and re-open vdj 8 program

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 10:33 am
43%