Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping mixtrack 3's cues for both decks to only 1 deck?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello.

I'm trying to have both decks cue pads set and play only audio for deck 1. I've tryed multiple different approaches but it never seems to work. Most of the time causing the cues to quit working entirely, even if returned to default script. I've also tryed finding a skin that has the 8 cue pads for each deck and trying to map it out using the 'picker' tool.

Ultimately it would be awesome to have all 8 cues, 4 per side, function with the left deck as they would normal. Then If holding left pad mode button and with each press of the right pad mode button it would cycle through IE: Default all 8 cues deck left, then all 8 cues are for deck right, and finally would return to factory default of the 4 cues per deck individual. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Numark Mixtrack 3 (non pro)
VDJ8 LE (soon to be a pro upgrade :) bills first lol

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 10:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
TheIIIZim wrote :
Ultimately it would be awesome to have all 8 cues, 4 per side, function with the left deck as they would normal.....

And this is "normal" ? Right side Cues to apply on Left deck ? lol

Easiest way to access all 8 Hotcues per deck is to "sacrifice" one of the 3 Hardware Pad modes.
In the following example, i use the Auto Loop mode and assign their pads as..
LOOP_1 -> var "shift" ? delete_cue 5 : hot_cue 5
LOOP_2 -> var "shift" ? delete_cue 6 : hot_cue 6
LOOP_4 -> var "shift" ? delete_cue 7 : hot_cue 7
LOOP_8 -> var "shift" ? delete_cue 8 : hot_cue 8
and their LEDs..
LED_LOOP_1 ->: var "shift" ? hot_cue 5 ? blink ? constant 'orange' : off : hot_cue 5 ? constant 'orange' : off
LED_LOOP_2 -> var "shift" ? hot_cue 6 ? blink ? constant 'orange' : off : hot_cue 6 ? constant 'orange' : off
LED_LOOP_4 -> var "shift" ? hot_cue 7 ? blink ? constant 'orange' : off : hot_cue 7 ? constant 'orange' : off
LED_LOOP_8 -> var "shift" ? hot_cue 8 ? blink ? constant 'orange' : off : hot_cue 8 ? constant 'orange' : off

One other option would be to have an addtional "software" mode which would override the "hardware" ones.
In this case, you need to map a button (not the PAD MODe on the controller , since its a hardware button and doesnt send midi) as..
toggle "Cues5to8"
Then you need to assign all the LOOP_1 to LOOP_8, SAMPLER_1 to SAMPLER 8 and LOOP_In/OUT/RELOOP/HALF as..
var "Cues5to8" ? var "shift" ? delete_cue 5 : hot_cue 5 : [whatever action it already has]
var "Cues5to8" ? var "shift" ? delete_cue 6 : hot_cue 6 : [whatever action it already has]
var "Cues5to8" ? var "shift" ? delete_cue 7 : hot_cue 7 : [whatever action it already has]
var "Cues5to8" ? var "shift" ? delete_cue 8 : hot_cue 8 : [whatever action it already has]

Depending on what route you wish to follow , i could provide further help if you cant figure out the above.

But really, controlling left with right pads and vice versa is really a bad practice.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 12:38 am

WOW! lol thank you for all that. I'll definitely be going with the first option. I really hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. To have the ability to replace/Cycle the top row from loops to cues is probably the better idea and will definitely work perfect lol. Think its a I wanted a castle when all I needed was a cabin type thing...Thank You.

Quick question the Loop value at the beginning? Having a value of 1 would activate a 1 beat loop constant until pressed, held or what not? same going for a value of 4, 8, 16 etc..? And if this is true then I would think you could make that instead of a simple say 4 beat loop. It would loop 4 beats once, 2 beats twice, and 1 beat loop for say 4 beats and then quits playing? Using an Equation, or is this something better left to a beat grid setup?

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 4:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)