Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vinyl mode activ, but not active?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

Question regarding 8.2(not sure about build, will update post later)

So general question. I have my cdj;s-850 hooked to VDJ running on Mac OS X(el-capitan) now, since version 8.1, for some reason, whenever I press play, any of the decks will start playing, as if they were in vinyl mode. I did not have this issue on vdj7.x and up till 8.1, after 8.1 issue came overnight. Now I have checked all settings and have not enabled vinyl simulation, neither in vdj nor on the players. However, If I hold in cue, then quickly press play, everything is as it should, but when loading new track to any of the decks, problem comes back. Can be a bit annoying, but not end of the world. And before you ask if I have tried turning it off and on again..yes,I have re-installed vdj 2 times and also cleaned up the preferences. and it´s not a firmware problem on the players as they are running the latest firmware availiable.

Suggestions on how to continue troubleshooting are much appriciated!

Except for this minor "problem" everything else is running like clockwork

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 8:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by 'playing as if in vinyl mode' ?

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:30 am
let´s say that you´ve enabled vinyl mode and press stop, the track will stop after let´s say 15 seconds(imagine power going off on a vinyl player) I have the same problem, but the other way around. Will post video later maybe it will help

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:36 am
On the right side of your CDJ's, right under the EJECT button, there's a knob named "VINYL SPEED ADJUST"
Turn this knob all way counter clockwise to the far left position.

CDJ's should now operate "instantly"

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 10:55 am
Hi Phantom,

I am aware of this function, this does work, but why has it changed, I never had to do this in earlier versions

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 10:16 am
I don't think anything has changed on that matter...
When VirtualDj starts it asks the CDJ's their current sliders positions. CDJ's will report back the position of pitch slider, Vinyl Speed e.t.c.
VirtualDj will use these values reported from the CDJ's to adjust the corresponding actions on the device mapper.

If you start VirtualDj with Vinyl Speed sliders all way to the left, then CDJ's should work without Ramp Up/Down when you press play/pause.
That was always the default behavior.

If this behavior confuses you and you don't use Vinyl Speed Adjust knob, you can remap it to "nothing" so that it won't change any setting on device initialization

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 10:11 pm
Hi!

Thnks for the reply.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 2:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)