Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: particular files or parts of files are blank in browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For purposes of use, many of my music filenames include brackets and parentheses. This was a complete non-issue in VDJ7, but the browser in my VirtualDJ v8.2 either doesn’t display those files – leaving a blank line instead – or doesn’t display anything within brackets or parentheses.

When I go into >File Operations >Rename the complete names are there, no problem. but not in the browser.

I’ve tried searching the forums for anything like this issue but maybe I wasn’t searching on the right keywords. Is there a setting I can change instead of taking on the daunting task of searching out and changing all the brackets and parentheses to something else?

Thanks.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 11:03 pm
Can you give us a screen shot of what you are talking about. I have plenty of parentheses, don't remember brackets.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 1:05 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe it is somehow related to the Remix parsing?
I don't know exactly, but I think VDJ has an option to parse the remix name, which is most of the time in brackets, and put it into the remix column.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:16 am
PachN wrote :
Maybe it is somehow related to the Remix parsing?
I don't know exactly, but I think VDJ has an option to parse the remix name, which is most of the time in brackets, and put it into the remix column.

Thanks. Soon after I posted my question I was able to ascertain that as the solution. I can live with the 3rd column, but I prefer just artist and whatever remains of the filename to the right of the dash. I love getting what I want. ;-)

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 8:40 am
In that case you should really fix your track's tags...
I mean, relying on filename parsing is NOT a good solution for multiple reasons.
Fix your track's tags and then reload tags in VirtualDj. Everything should be visible on the correct column.

PS: You can disable remix parsing if you wish from options

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 12:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
getRemixWhenParsingFilenames can be disabled so that the info appears in the title field instead of the remix field

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 1:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)