Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't import most APPLE music songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys! I'm new to VDJ8 so I'm hoping this might be a simple problem to fix. When I try to drag and drop songs from Apple Music (ITunes) to play in VDJ the songs come up with a little red icon on the song as it hovers over either of the queue spots in VDJ. When I drop the song, it just doesn't appear in VDJ.

I found that other people where having a similar issue in that their VDJ wasn't seeing playlists from Apple Music/Itunes. I tried the fix which was to go into ITunes Settings and clicking the box which allowed other programs to use downloaded songs (in laymen's terms). This allowed me to see my playlist folders in VDJ, but when I click on the folder in VDJ, there is no songs in there to choose from.

The final piece of the story, is that some of my older music that I've had on my phone for years and quite possibly before Apple Music are working through ITunes when I drag and drop them.

Anyone got any suggestions or seen this kind of thing before?

Thank you so much!

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 2:16 pm
Some Apple songs will have DRM and that's why VDJ won't be able to play them. Same issue if they are newer "Apple Music" songs as they are subscription rather than owned by you.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 2:20 pm
So nothing I can do? Except buy the songs?

Thank you for the reply!

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 5:04 pm
Songs from Apple-Music(=stream-service of apple) are DRM protected and won't work with VDJ.
Except to buy songs there is nothing to work around. As an alternative you could use Deezer.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 11:25 pm
music234 wrote :
As an alternative you could use Deezer.

....but not for DJing with in public (legally).

If you want to use rented music professionally, you need to subscribe to either Pulselocker or Content Unlimited.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)