Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Deezer lyrics related

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there! I have noticed in deezer's web page that there is a radio button with an microphone icon. When it is selected, I can see the lyrics of the song that is being played (like karaoke but with positive soundtrack). It is posibble in virtual dj to activate this option for the songs from deezer in order to see the lyrics on video output? Thanks.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 7:25 pm
Have the same question..

Posted Sat 30 Dec 17 @ 2:43 am
kencatPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
same question! playing deezer karaoke tracks with lyrics on screen

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 7:41 pm
You do know it's for personal use only? Even if you could get lyrics from Deezer on screen, you can't legally gig with it.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 7:58 pm
Doubt Atomix would let that happen considering they also charge $20 a month for a Karaoke service.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 8:15 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Doubt Atomix would let that happen considering they also charge $20 a month for a Karaoke service.

Maybe they should look into it though because the catalog isn’t that great as it stands now, IMO.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 8:40 pm
I think you guys need to take a look at the karaoke business in general. Just like most licensing agreements, not everything is available everywhere. There are exclusive deals everywhere, and it's like that so these companies can make money. Don't expect to get everything, at any one company, it's not going to happen. If you want to be in the karaoke business, you should have started a long time ago, built up your library with standards, and use the streaming services, for some of the new releases. Even then, you would need a subscription to more than one service, to keep up. Ask anyone that actually does karaoke for a living, how they stay in business.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 8:53 pm
That's one of the main reasons I have stayed well away from it, and where I am from karaoke DJs get no more for the extra hassle of hosting so it's really not worth it at all.

If it paid more for professional hosts with complete catalogues then it might be an option.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:02 pm
Well this last time I just used KaraFun and they had a lot more of the newer plus the older stuff then VDJ. Plus VDJ would crash on me when downloading karaoke tracks (still no answers from anyone on that).

So my suggestion was/is that they team up with another Karaoke supplier ON TOP of what they already use.

As for doing it full time, hell no, lmao!! I’d rather do a wedding or Corp party before a basic karaoke night any day of the week.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:28 pm
Your issue with crashing is serious, and hopefully it will be addressed quickly.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 10:13 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Your issue with crashing is serious, and hopefully it will be addressed quickly.

Well it’s been almost 3 days and nothing....

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 11:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)