Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could offer a solution on an issue I have with my new monitor please. I have recently purchased a LG 38UC99 ultra wide curved monitor (mainly to save wall space and get rid of the 4 other monitors I had on there) The LG has the option to split the screen into various options so you can multi-task on different programs without have to switch screens.

The issue I have with VDJ is that no matter what I try I can not get it to maximise onto just on area of the screen. so for example if I have the LG on a 2 screen split and put internet explorer onto one side then maximise it, the program will only fill that portion of the screen but if I fully maximise VDJ by clicking the plus button on the top bar it takes over the whole screen. If I then click the plus button again the VDJ window does get smaller but still won't 'snap into the other part of the screen.

hopefully I'm making sense in my example but does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Many thanks

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 4:24 pm
Are you using the LG screen splitting software?

You know Windows has this built in already? Have you tried doing it just with the OS, not the LG software?

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 5:00 pm
Hi Groovin - yes I'm using the LG software I didn't know you could split with Windows but I will have a look into that now and post back if it resolves the problem.

Thanks for the reply and tip

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 5:22 pm
Hmmmm, it doesn't look like VDJ obeys the rules when it comes to doing this.

On Windows 7 it's supposed to be possible to 'pop' software windows to the left or right half of the screen by pressing the Windows key and either the left or right arrow key. VDJ stubbornly ignores it.

It's not the age of the software either. I just tried a couple of old progs from the XP days and they both 'pop' without issue.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 5:39 pm
Thanks Groovin - I was just playing about with it and was coming to the same conclusion that its not going to work with either the LG software on through Windows.

Hopefully on of the mods will pick up on this thread and advise further if its possible though.

Thanks for your help and advice as always.

Paul

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 9:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)