Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need to use Denon MC6000MK2 with Virtual DJ 7.3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I purchased the MC6000MK2 but it does not work with my version of VirtualDJ 7.3. If I purchase the VirtualDJ 8 Plus Controller license for this controller, will this allow me to download the native mapping and definition files for the controller to use with 7.3? And will there be any limited functionality of the use of the controller with this license, as opposed to the professional license (i.e. certain buttons won't work, audio disabled after a certain period, etc.)? Lastly, if I then decide to get the professional license, would I have to pay the full $299, or would that be offset by the $149 I already paid for the controller license?

Thanks.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 3:02 am
What is "your version" of VDJ 7.3? Why are you not running the latest version (7.4.7) which does support the MC6000MK2?

If you purchase a VDJ 8 Plus license, you can use VDJ 8. Why would you still want to use an old version of VDJ 7 with no native mapping?

The restrictions of the non Pro versions can be seen here

There's no discount on licenses because you already bought another one. Make a wise decision!

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 8:02 am
My roommate has VirtualDJ Pro 7.3 and we just bought the MC6000MK2. We prefer to continue using this version for now. I see that the controller file can be downloaded from the website. So I would appreciate if you could tell me if the VirtualDJ 8 Plus Controller license for this controller will allow me to download the native mapping and definition files to use with 7.3, or does he have to get the professional license. We are "bedroom DJs" looking to eventually work professionally.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 8:33 am
legaldeejay wrote :
My roommate has VirtualDJ Pro 7.3

does he have to get the professional license

Hang on......if he's already got the Pro version, why would he need a Pro license?

That means he has access to VDJ 7.4.7 (which supports the MC6000MK2) and VDJ 8 (ditto) so no need for any mapping download - it's built in.

All he has to do is download 7.4.7 Pro or 8 Pro from his account.

His Pro license also gives full access to the addon downloads, so if he wanted to carry on using an outdated unsupported version for some unknown reason, then he could.

Best to update to VDJ 8 Pro though, which is of course free, because he has a Pro license.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 8:49 am
All I know is that Virtual DJ 7.3 Pro is already on the machine and I am taking care of this for him. I do not want to upgrade to 7.4.7 or install any newer version of the program for now. So if we just stay with 7.3, can I just download the mapping file from the website? We prefer to stay with Version 7 as that is what we are used to.

And what if I want to purchase a second license on my own laptop but I want to stay with Version 7.3 on my machine too? Could I get the VirtualDJ 8 Plus Controller license for this controller to work with 7.3? Again, we are so used to Version 7.3 that we do not want to use any other version even if it means spending extra money.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 9:01 am
legaldeejay wrote :
I do not want to upgrade to 7.4.7

It's not up to you. He's the one with the license. If he wants to download something from here, then he can - if he has a Pro license.

If you want to buy your own Plus license, then it will be for VDJ 8. Only a full Pro (Infinity) VDJ 8 license gives you access to VDJ 7 too.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 9:30 am
So if I get the Pro VDJ 8 Infinity license for $299, will that allow me to download the controller file for the MC600MK2 to work with any version of Virtual DJ from 7.0 to 7.3?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 9:41 am
Yes, but It will only work with the later vrsions of 7. Buy buying that licence you get a serial for version 7 which will allow you to download 7.4.7 which has inbuilt support for the MC6000 Mk2

There are no mappings for 7.0 to 7.3 as the controller did not exist at that point.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 11:30 am
Don't go the v7.3 route
v7.3 has other known issues. It's from 2012 which makes it 5 year old software in a business that develops constantly. It's like driving a car from the 70s
And it's always harder to get things to work that isn't designed for it even if you get your hands on a mapper
Use v7.4.7 (2016) or v8 (newest version is less than a month old) where the unit is natively supported

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 11:37 am
kradcliffe wrote :
There are no mappings for 7.0 to 7.3 as the controller did not exist at that point

There's a development team mapping that states it's for 7.x

Posted Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 11:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)