Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ADVERTS IN VDJ???????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why Have I started getting Adverts in my Virtual DJ.? This has only happened in the last 12 hrs.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 5:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 5:53 pm
Oh Right. So I guess I have just been lucky not to have ad's.

Thank you for that. I just was just a bit surprised as well as confused. Thanx again.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 6:00 pm
2windyHome userMember since 2016
I don't use software for playing out and use this at home but not having adverts. I'd pay for a licence if the beat syncing stayed in over a mix rather ran drift all over. Shame as prefer this over Traktor but not faffing with colapsing adverts which don't display anything anyway.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:02 pm
I don't know everything that you are saying, because you used some words that I don't understand. As for the drifting, it does not happen to me. I have actually forgot that I had two songs playing on several occasions, as the songs stayed in sync.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:07 pm
I use vinyl or occasionally USB in CDJs when playing out and I can mix through with minimal tweaking to the platter most the time. I mainly use this at home as a playlist for soul and funk using the automix and while I chill out with the missus but if I ever try sync and mix a couple of 4/4 tracks I'm constantly nudging the tracks back and forth. I'm on an i7 laptop using ASIO drivers and USB sounds from my studio. I seriously couldn't use this out to mix even if I wanted to. I have Traktor but don't like itand that locks in. Like I said it's a shame becasue I think this is a far better than it. I used to be better in V7 for me to be honest too.

Wouldn't mind but the adverts show as a white square depsite being online.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:34 pm
2windy wrote :
I seriously couldn't use this out to mix even if I wanted to

Why not. It's perfect. I use it for mixing out all the time

2windy wrote :
I used to be better in V7 for me to be honest too

No, v7 isn't better than v8 in that regard

Regarding ads:
Remember that you have paid for Traktor (either for just the software or as part of a package)
- you haven't paid anything for VDJ - yet

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 10:25 pm
I get I haven't paid for it yet. It would be a pointless purchase. I'm not exactly a newbie here but mixing on this is hard work compared to vinyl. If I was to buy it it would be to use sync and mix functionality but for me it isn't strong enough for me to try outside my house. What I meant was I think the the beat match /sync was better in V7 not the whole program, V8 is is far more advanced yes. Believe me I tested this and could not use this professionally for deep house or techno sets in my opinion.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 11:08 pm
I use it every night and the beats stay put no matter what i'm doing with it unless there is something wrong with the track already - old disco or tracks from before drum machines.
I would imagine there's something you've missed in settings.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 11:15 pm
The edirol sound card runs my studio and the ASIO drivers are solid and I've play with latency etc. I'll happily play about but I've been here before and end up disappointed. Hardware is high end too. I can't test from a controller though without buying a license for it. I kinda expect this to just work out the box though too really.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 11:29 pm
Fair play if you're usig it on old disco, that tempo drifts all over but you're probably not doing 3 minute mixes with that stuff though are you? 16 bar tops maybe.

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 11:40 pm
3 Minutes mix? Wow!!!
Anyway, on modern tracks (tracks produced with HQ drum machines or PC/MAC software - DAW's) I can let two tracks play together for 10 minutes or so without loosing sync.

Of course minor adjustments may be needed from time to time depending on the amount of pitch correction required to keep the tracks in sync... (rounding deviation)

I don't know what you do (synce you don't describe your workflow) but most likely you do something wrong...
Thousands of users use VirtualDj professionaly and don't experience such issues!

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 11:52 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
if the beat syncing stayed in over a mix rather ran drift all over.

A drifting beat is a function of the song, and perhaps a human drummer. Etendamix videos which have been made DJ friendly by the introduction of intros and outros often as a result have a messed up overall beat. I suppose other companies are no better. I have bought a few thousand videos over the last few months and many of them are dance classics with this added "beat drift". There are many ways to compensate for messed up songs within VDJ8 including using the beat editor to adapt the beat to its variable nature. Once an inferior DJ friendly intro and outro has been added to a song then the beat does drift. That's not a problem if you know what your doing!

Posted Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 1:19 am
Virtual dj sync works really good, if he said he is not a nooby he should not have a problem adjusting the pitch as the mix is taking place, there are a lot of old songs that have beat swings because they were not created with a computer which is how new song are created now and they use the rule 1234 a real dj do not rely on sync

Posted Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 5:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
2windy wrote :
I don't use software for playing out and use this at home but not having adverts. I'd pay for a licence if the beat syncing stayed in over a mix rather ran drift all over. Shame as prefer this over Traktor but not faffing with colapsing adverts which don't display anything anyway.

Feel free to let us know 2 songs as an example that don't stay synced in vdj, but do on your cdj's or other software so we can have a look.

Posted Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 6:11 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
This sounds strange for an experienced (home) user.
Can you give a couple of files that doesnt work for you, are playing audio or videos?

This sounds just like all of us is saying, its the files that does it.
Have you used the BPM editor, or have you tried to "warp" your files with any daw like ableton?

Posted Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 6:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)