Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Script for Xtra Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've searched the forums, but haven't had much luck with the solution. I have a regular controller, plus a Akai AFK which provides various functions & effects.

There are 2 buttons at the top of the controller that select DECK_LEFT / DECK_RIGHT. There are also various buttons/modes which select regular VDJ functions (ex. Loops, Slicer, Sampler). I'd like to modify the script action on some of these to select the current/active deck. Ex. Slicer & Loops for the active playing deck, instead of having to select DECK_LEFT/DECK_RIGHT first.

I modified the Slicer (which seems to be SLICER_MODE) button as the below, but doesn't seem to work:
deck active & pad_page 'slicer' ? pad_page 'beatjump' : pad_page 'slicer'

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 12:32 am
A little more info from my post. For the example, when I press the Slicer button...I want it to select the current deck, so I can immediately slice on the active deck (w/o having to manually select the active deck). LED would also be nice, but not a requirement.

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 12:34 am
deck right masterdeck ? deck right select & pad_page 'slicer' ? pad_page 'beatjump' : pad_page 'slicer' : deck left select & pad_page 'slicer' ? pad_page 'beatjump' : pad_page 'slicer'

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 12:44 am
Thanks, this seems to do everything except set the alt-controller top DECK_LEFT / DECK_RIGHT.

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 2:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If its the AKAI AFX that you are customizing then the top DECK select buttons operate in a "hardware" way, meaning that they choose the MIDI Channel (Deck) when pressed but their LEDs cannot be controlled.

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 3:42 am
Yes, it's the Akai AFX Deck buttons at the top & don't seem to be able to override. It's not a huge deal, & thanks for the feedback.

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 2:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)