Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: on virtualdj 8.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

popuksePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi can any one help me set up my audio setting for a mac with 2 cdj 20000nx and a djm2000 nx ( I'm getting the audio coming of one channel) can some walk me thought the audio set plz .

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 3:09 pm
The simple setup is use the CDJs as HID controllers, and the mixer's soundcard. Download and install the latest drivers for the CDJ and DJM from pioneer's website. Connect all 3 devices to your laptop via USB cables. You can use a powered USB hub with the CDJs if you are short on USB ports, but the mixer has to be connected directly to a high speed USB port on the laptop. In VDJ, settings, audio, under card you should see the DJM select it, this should bring up the default audio config, make sure it has all 4 decks associated with a different set of channels, deck 1 djm ASIO = djm out channel 1,2; deck 2 djm ASIO = djm out channel 3,4; deck 3 = 5,6; deck 4 = 7,8. If the channel numbers are different than how i listed them its OK, just be sure each deck is on a different set. click apply at the bottom. Each channel should now say OK to the right and display the current latency in MS, turn on the CDJ you are using on the left side, put it in HID link mode advanced in it's on-screen menu, then activate link mode, in VDJ settings click controllers, you should see the CDJ, select it, the deck assign dropdown will appear just to the right, drop the menu down and select "left", do the same for the right side CDJ, and select "right" click the little disk image in the top right of the menu window, to save the config, and close the settings window. On the top row of the DJM flip all the channel source toggles (silver switches) to the right. grab a track with your mouse and drop it on the left deck in vdj, drop another on the right, put your crossfader in the center on the DJM, upfaders all the way up, crossfader assign on 1 to A and on 2 to B, master knob low enough so you don't blow out your speakers(which should be attached to the master out in the back of your DJM) 5% to be safe, hit the play.pause button on both CDJs, it should now sound like a mess, 2 track over one another out of sync.

This config is playing purely audio files from your mac, CDs will not play through the CDJs, but who uses CD's anymore?

If you need any more help LMK, I can remote in to your mac and set it up for you through teamviewer if it's over your head.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 7:14 am
popuksePRO InfinityMember since 2011
hi mate would you remote my mac and set it up for you through team viewer if ok

Posted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 3:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)