Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Dmc2 Mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Im thinking of upgrading my PCDJ Dac2 to a Numark DMC2, it's been a few years since I've worked with mapping a controller.

Currently with the dac2 there's a file in the mappers folder that I have customised with my own settings.

How would I do this for the Dmc2? Will VDJ7 automatically create the file if I go the the controller settings and change a default setting? Will the settings even appear for me to change them once the Dmc2 is connected and starts using the inbuilt mapping or do I need to download the mapper from the plugins page first before I can modify it?

I don't want to write the whole thing as it has text titles ect and I think that may be too complex for me, I just want to change a few buttons, and maybe copy my "deck safe" led code from my dac2 mapper (makes a led stay on till track has 20 seconds remaining the gets flashing faster as the track is about to run out)

Thanks

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 11:49 pm
As soon as you make a change to the default mapping, a new (changed) file is created. That's how it works in both VDJ 7 and VDJ 8.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 8:12 am
Your awesome. Thankyou.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 10:31 am
The code I currently use on the dac2 to flash a led at low remaing time should work when copied to a led on the Dmc2? Yes?

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 10:43 am
The best way is to try it.

You can be sure that the reference for the LED will be different. The chances of it having the same name will be pretty slim I'd think.

If it doesn't work, then post the existing code here, and the experts (not me!) will guide you.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 11:27 am
Have a Denon Dn hc4500 arriving in a couple days.

I'll be copying a lot of my code across to the new mapper.

I've seen a video somewhere that uses the FLIP button as a shift button. I want to use the Cue buttons as hotcues but act as Sampler when I hold FLIP and tap a cue? Is that possible?

Spose I should start a new thread as this one has the wrong title on it.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 11:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)