Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help needed pioneer ddj-sr headphones not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi
just brought some new headphones & i cant get any sound out of them when they connected to the ddj sr controller , ive tried allsorts but nothing seems to working , the headphones work fine when tested everywhere else so i know its not them , im still a totall novice so please bear with me , any help or advice will be greatly appreciated , thanks

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 9:47 pm
Your audio settings should look like this:

Then of course your speakers and headphones must be connected to the DDJ-SR - not to the laptop

If the button with "Pioneer DDJ-SR" on it isn't on your screen, you probably have a driver issue
In that case you need to get the ASIO driver from the Pioneer website, install that first, and have you laptop recognize the DDJ-SR before starting VDJ

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 11:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
and of course check..
- the Headphones Volume knob at the front of the unit
- the Headphones Mix knob at the top panel. If at Cue (minimum position) u need to have PFL buttons enabled. If at Master, you need to have the Master Volume and the Channel faders up, as it will send the Master Output to the Headphones.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:33 am
hi
thanks for replies , yes my settings come up the same as in the pic sent , headphones are plugged into controller , volume up on both headphones mix & master level , controllers connected to amp & speakers , musics playing fine but no sound still whatsoever out of headphones , i dont know if this helps but i am a licence holder too , any more help will be greatly appreciated

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 4:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try this...
Goto Windows Control Panel -->Sound and make sure the Pioneer is NOT the default audio device for playback/communication. Select your computer's built-in sound card for this.
Also select the Pioneer SR, click on Configure and make sure its set on 4 speakers (Quadraphonic)
Then open VirtualDJ and see if that helped.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 1:32 am
i have a soundblaster z soundcard that the 2 phono leads on the top right side of my controller is plugged into & the other 2 top phono leads on the left go straight into my amp , i dont know if that makes any difference but its that that is coming up as my speakers default device , i have set it to default & tested it but still no sound through headphones , i apologise for maybe sounding daft but im a total novice at all this if anyone can still help ide greatly appreciate it this whole stup has cost me best part of 600 notes & still giving me grief , feels disheartening at times

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 4:43 pm
virtualsr wrote :
i have a soundblaster z soundcard that the 2 phono leads on the top right side of my controller is plugged into

So you're feeding the output of a Sound Blaster PCI card into the 'aux in' of your DDJ-SR? Why?

virtualsr wrote :
its that that is coming up as my speakers default device

It's that? What? Not the Sound Blaster?

You're not running VDJ on the PC that has the Sound Blaster, then feeding the master output into the 'aux in' of your controller?

If so, that's not how you use a controller!

I strongly suggest you read the manual for the DDJ-SR and the VDJ setup guide for the DDJ-SR.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 5:15 pm
when i go on control panel its coming up as the soundblaster z card is my default device , so as far as im aware that soundcard is running the channel im playing the contoller through if that makes any sense

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 6:14 pm
The controller has its own audio interface. It doesn't need the Sound Blaster.

Read the VDJ setup guide for the SR, and the SR instruction manual.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 7:08 pm
read both & i understand now that the controller has its own soundcard , il try again tomorrow using the aux in cable to the onboard sound device if thats correct , was also wondering when i go onto control panel then sound , theres numerous device outputs available & im a bit lost on which 1 is the correct 1

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 8:27 pm
virtualsr wrote :
i understand now that the controller has its own soundcard , il try again tomorrow using the aux in cable

No I don't think you do understand. You don't need to run your Sound Blaster into the 'aux in' of the controller.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 8:54 pm
well can you please help me on the matter ?? if you understand & i dont then ide greatly appreciate your advice & input on the matter, as said beforehand im a total novice so surely your expertise can be of helpfullness ??

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 1:04 am
Page 13 of the Pioneer manual (basic operation, connections) tells and shows you how to connect the SR to your computer, and where the speakers and headphones connect.

Page 1 of the VDJ Operation Guide tells and shows you how to configure VDJ.

That's really all you should require.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 7:39 am
So, the headphones work elsewhere. You have tried the soundcard settings given to you, in above post. You have read the manual including here? How long have you had this controller? Did you ever get sound out of your old headphones, with this controller? You have tried both 1/4 and 1/8 headphone jacks on this controller? I'm just trying to eliminate mechanical failure.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 5:05 pm
an update , sorry i havent been able to reply sooner due to work commitments however , ive tested the headphones once again & only hearing a very faint distortion (no sound) , my settings are exactly how everyone as described they should be as above , re installed drivers & updated firmware & still no joy , tested headphone mix on master & cue etc , i didnt have anyother headphones theseare the new ones ive just purchased im testing , if anyone can help or advice ide greatly apreciate it because the only place i feel like putting all this gear is in the bin

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 8:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)