Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto tagging mp3 year? - Page: 2
What is not working?

I know for me that Discogs does not always find and fill in missing info for every file.

And the "Fill missing info from Discogs" menu option only shows when there are files selected that have missing data.

And it takes a long time for Discogs to process/fill the missing data, and during that time you will see an indication, with text to the Right of the search bar in the browser while Discogs is working on finding the missing info.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 20 @ 6:11 pm
TagScanner, is Free. I've been using it for years, links with Discogs, you get all the bells and whistles. If you want to go a little lighter then VDJ with Discogs. I like the idea of having it straight from VDJ, but with TagScanner you get more options. To me having both options is the best option.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 20 @ 5:25 pm
I also use Jaikoz by JThink.ltd, it is for mp3s only and not video. It interrogates several databases including Discogs. It can also download associated artwork.

Jaikoz

Posted Fri 20 Nov 20 @ 5:55 pm
Works now, thank you all for your help

Posted Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 10:34 pm
I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this thread! I’ve been looking for a tool to do this and it’s great to see I can do it directly in Virtual DJ (or use some of the other tools mentioned).

I’m also a new Virtual DJ user (just purchased a license yesterday) and I’m thoroughly enjoying the software. Thanks again!

Posted Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 4:06 pm
TimF5ControlleristMember since 2018
3 years later and i just discovered this awesome functionality ;) Thx!

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 3:48 pm