Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Omnitronic cmx 2000 with time code

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys I just purchased an omnitronic cmx 2000 mixer I wanted to use it with my time code vinyl, it comes with the le license so I trialed the pro version to use it but it doesn't seem to be working, I'm using torq time code vinyls, iv went threw all the manuals and done as they say but still not working, is there anyone using this mixer with time code vinyl at all, thank you

Posted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not a very popular mixer, so not sure if someone provides more feedback and detailed instructions, but we can troubleshoot here..

First, since you are interested in Timecodes and the LE version doesnt allow this, you will have to purchase a Pro license at some point, so better try directly with version 8 instead of 7. You can install from here... http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and run separately (will not affect your version 7 LE) and will give you 10min sessions for your tests.

From what i see, the mixer offers 2 stereo inputs and 2 stereo outputs, so your Audio setup should be something like..
Deck 1 .... CMX Sound card (probably named as ..ASIO)... Chans 1,2
Deck 2 .... CMX Sound card (probably named as ..ASIO)... Chans 3,4
timecode 1.... CMX Sound card (probably named as ..ASIO)... Chans 1,2
timecode 2.... CMX Sound card (probably named as ..ASIO)... Chans 3,4

Torq Timecode vinyls are supported, so unless they have come up with some new version recently, they should be OK.

Connections should be like shown here.. http://www.steinigke.de/en/omnitronic-cmx-2000/ , so RCA cables from your TT to the inputs of the mixer and USB cable connecting your mixer with your computer.
As far as i can see, there is a dedicated position named as "DVS" for the Channel sources on the mixer, which should allow timecode signal to go through the USB interface inputs but not the Master Output.

dont you get any signal in the TIMECODE tab of VirtualDJ Settings ? from both TTs ? If you turn the Source switches to other positions, do you get the Timecode signal to the Master Output ?

Any screenshots would help to get the picture.

Posted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 9:27 pm
Thank you very much, I'm gonna try the settings now, when I set the time codes to torq I'm not getting signal but when I set them to mixvibes I do, I will try all your suggestions now if not I will screenshot them, thank you again

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 3:14 pm
Man I've never heard of this mixer but from the pictures it looks like a pretty nice mixer!

To bad it's not available over here in the states but I'm really considering buying this thing!

So to hijack but just wanted to express my feelings on it ;-p

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 4:03 pm
Just realized this is a rebranded VOXOA mixer, lol!

Posted Sun 16 Jul 17 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)