Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: how to map needle search onto the mixtrack platinum? to work like the NS7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

the NS7 controller had a touch sensitive strip on each deck called 'strip search' which you could use to needle drop to different parts of the track, i used it all the time

i have a numark mixtrack platinum now, it has the same strips at the top but they seem to default to FX amount, but they dont actually do anything , and i never use FX anyways

how can i remap them to default to the strip search option? i cannot find it in the configuration menu

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:15 pm
On the NS7 it looks lile the strip search is mapped to:
param_greater 0% ? param_multiply 120% & param_add -10% & song_pos
You could try that

On the plainum it looks like it has 3 different fx_strip mapping slots (fx1_strip, fx2_strip and fx3_strip). Probably because it changes depending on the effect slot you are using
But you could try mapping all 3 to the same, since you don't want it to have anything to do with the effect section

It's hard for me to test it without any controller with a touch strip available, so this is just me guessing

So if none of what I suggested works...
...I guess you should wait for a reply from someone smarter than me :-)

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:29 pm
actually on testing this, i realised that shift+the wheel will do the same thing, so im happy enough to stick with that and ill probably keep the strip for FX that i dont use, for now

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SHIFT+JOG fast-seeks through the track in the default mapping. If that's not convenient to you, you will need to map some keys as following..
- FX1_STRIP --> song_pos
- FX2_STRIP--> nothing (or completely delete its assigned action)
- FX3_STRIP --> nothing (or completely delete its assigned action)
- SHIFT_FX_STRIP --> song_pos (in case you want to operate as fast seek even if SHIFT is pressed.

For safety reasons, i would recommend FX1_STRIP to be mapped as is_audible ? nothing : song_pos , to prevent accidental track skips while the deck is audible (on air) and have SHIFT_FX_STRIP to always perform song_pos regardless the deck status.

EDIT. One other improvement on the SHIFT_JOG would be to use the (recently added) touchwheel 'search' action instead of song_pos.
So try..
SHIFT_JOG --> touchwheel 'search'
SHIFT_JOG_TOUCH --> touchwheel_touch 'search'
Works much better (track doesnt go back to the beginning when reaches the end, and nicely toggles between scratch and search, even if the SHIFT is released before the Jog)

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:50 pm
djdad wrote :
- FX1_STRIP --> song_pos

Oh. So the new kinds of strips are more intelligent than the old kind?

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)