Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Can I have the tracklist.txt show the length of playing time of a song rather than the time it was played ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can I have the tracklist.txt show the length of playing time of a song rather than the time it was played ? When I try to upload my tracklist to Mixbank.com & Mixcloud.com I have to manually set the playing times. When I look at the TRACKLIST.TXT it shows the song (file name & performer) and the time (military time) that the file played. Is there another option that will provide me with the file played and the duration of play? WHat do you reccomend for posting to Mixbank & Mixcloud ?

Seko

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 10:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no way to get the time the track was played, but you can get the length(total time) of the track in the list.
Search for the setting Tracklistformat in the Settings->Options tab and change it to ...
%author - %title - %time

The ideal would be when you start recording, the first track to start from 00:00 and when the 2nd one is mixed e.g. at 2:33, the next track to get this time. I suppose there could be something that the Team could add here. Feel free to post in the Wishes Forum.

Also, there could be some small 3rd-party application that could read the times from the txt file (or the m3u of the History) and re-calculate/edit starting from 00:00.

Posted Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 4:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)